Koso speed ratio - Yamaha SCR950 Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 11:00 AM Thread Starter

Koso speed ratio

When I got my Koso meter, one of the functions was to enter a ratio factor for the speedometer. Now Koso gives you a formula for establishing a percentage factor if you so choose, but from what I've read on the Bolt forum, the majority of the folks there, are in the 60 something percentage. Here on our site, SCRBEN has used 98% and it was pretty close to his GPS. So today, with New England socked in with ice covered snow, and me being retired and house bound, I figured that I'd go to the garage and ACTUALLY measure the distance for one revolution of the rear tire, and do the math that KOSO has given in the instruction manual. While not scientific, I measured 79.375", or 2016.125mm. When this number is divided by 2080mm from the instruction formula, a ratio of 96.9% is given. So SCRBEN's ratio entry is pretty close. I won't be able to actually verify this 'til spring, but if someone that is also using the KOSO meter, give it a try and let me know if it works, or not

Lee
Schu and SCRBen like this.
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeesRyde View Post
When I got my Koso meter, one of the functions was to enter a ratio factor for the speedometer. Now Koso gives you a formula for establishing a percentage factor if you so choose, but from what I've read on the Bolt forum, the majority of the folks there, are in the 60 something percentage. Here on our site, SCRBEN has used 98% and it was pretty close to his GPS. So today, with New England socked in with ice covered snow, and me being retired and house bound, I figured that I'd go to the garage and ACTUALLY measure the distance for one revolution of the rear tire, and do the math that KOSO has given in the instruction manual. While not scientific, I measured 79.375", or 2016.125mm. When this number is divided by 2080mm from the instruction formula, a ratio of 96.9% is given. So SCRBEN's ratio entry is pretty close. I won't be able to actually verify this 'til spring, but if someone that is also using the KOSO meter, give it a try and let me know if it works, or not

Lee

Doesn't work for me. I'm in the 60% range.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 04:35 PM

I’m intrigued if I’m going to have to adjust it slightly this year, having fit new Avon’s. We’ll see.....
Ben

“Do you understand half the **** he says?” “No, but I know what he means”.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LagunaSCR View Post
Doesn't work for me. I'm in the 60% range.
Mph vs Kph ???
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-22-2019, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRBen View Post
I’m intrigued if I’m going to have to adjust it slightly this year, having fit new Avon’s. We’ll see.....
Ben
Avon’s made no difference - Koso still followed the sat nav-indicated speed, beat for beat.
Ben

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 04:57 PM

63%

I called the KOSO guys and the y told me between 63 and 64% would work.
I set it at 63% and is within 2 mph of the road speed indicators. Still need to compare with the GPS.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 05:14 AM Thread Starter

Well, took the SCR for our first ride yesterday. Got a chance to check the speed ratio, and guess what! 98% is way too high. 45mph on the GPS was showing over 70mph on the speedo. So much for the speed ratio formula. Backed the Koso ratio down to 67% and the speedo and GPS are close enough now to call it good
Schu likes this.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeesRyde View Post
Well, took the SCR for our first ride yesterday. Got a chance to check the speed ratio, and guess what! 98% is way too high. 45mph on the GPS was showing over 70mph on the speedo. So much for the speed ratio formula. Backed the Koso ratio down to 67% and the speedo and GPS are close enough now to call it good
Should have asked them if they are calibrating those sold in the US, and those in Europe differently, as that’s the only explanation then!!
Ben
Schu likes this.

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 12:50 PM

Garage
My hypothesis is still that the 60-something % and the 90-something % people have bought two different products:
https://www.scr950forum.com/forum/13...html#post57442

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobirobi View Post
I found two different ones which at first appear to be the same except for the color, but then you notice slight differences in the lights:

BA051411
BA051300
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobirobi View Post
My hypothesis is still that the 60-something % and the 90-something % people have bought two different products:
https://www.scr950forum.com/forum/13...html#post57442
Interestingly, their original site (they’re Taiwanese) doesn’t list the second option quoted (51411) at all:

KOSO-KOSO Yamaha BOLT Meter

It does list mine though (51310 - pic also attached)

@LeesRyde - what model no is yours?
Ben

Last edited by SCRBen; 02-25-2020 at 09:04 AM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page