Baron raise up kit for Yamie Bolt - Page 7 - Yamaha SCR950 Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-03-2020, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane Houston View Post
Here is the pic I took yesterday with block still installed. You can see that it sheared right at the point where the acorn nut bottoms on the stud. I havenít pulled the swing arm off yet, waiting to see how long I can keep using the lift Iím borrowing from a neighbor until the one I ordered arrives.
Sorry, meant to say where the block is flush with stud.
post #62 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-09-2020, 09:43 PM

My welding buddy says get a new swing arm or better yet a used one. He feels by the time you pay the machine shop it would cost as much or more. Sorry you had to go through this........

2017 SCR red fastest....... 2nd one!
15 KLR 650
14 Yamaha 125 Zuma
06 Honda 80 Elite
75 Suzuki TS 185
75 Suzuki TS75 Colt
15 HD Dyna Wide Glide Radioactive Green
16 Suzuki Bandit 1250S ABS
Former B-King,Concours,Cavalcade,BMW 1200GS,Harleys, S83,FZ09,ST1300 & many more
post #63 of 66 (permalink) Old 06-29-2020, 10:49 PM

baron raise up kit for yami bolt

Finally got around to putting on my Barons kit. Left side fit well and was pretty easy to put on. Right side was tight but I used a block of wood to make it fit. After getting it assembled I noticed that the rear brake line bracket would rub on the pipe bracket at full extension. I was able to Dremel some metal off the pipe bracket and add a washer as a spacer on the pipe bracket to make everything clear.

Belt needs to tightened up but I'm waiting for my tension gauge to arrive so I can adjust correctly before I go for a ride. Bike feels much more then 1 inch higher. Shocks feel more stiff on preload so I might soften them up after I get a test
ride in.

15 KLR 650
14 Yamaha 125 Zuma
06 Honda 80 Elite
75 Suzuki TS 185
75 Suzuki TS75 Colt
Former B-King,Concours,Cavalcade,BMW 1200GS,Harleys, S83,FZ09,ST1300 & many more

post #64 of 66 (permalink) Old 07-05-2020, 01:06 AM

Belt was pretty loose upon checking with tension gauge. Easy adjustment using gauge and set mine while on sidestand and cold belt. Somewhere between 1/4" to 3/8"is where I set mine.
As others have stated it feels tight at 6-10 mm @10 lbs. If anyone has info on a alignment tool let me know. I've noticed my belt always seems to run to the outside of the rear pulley so I'm guessing it's off from the marks on the swingarm a bit.

15 KLR 650
14 Yamaha 125 Zuma
06 Honda 80 Elite
75 Suzuki TS 185
75 Suzuki TS75 Colt
post #65 of 66 (permalink) Old 07-05-2020, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilchee View Post
Belt was pretty loose upon checking with tension gauge. Easy adjustment using gauge and set mine while on sidestand and cold belt. Somewhere between 1/4" to 3/8"is where I set mine.
As others have stated it feels tight at 6-10 mm @10 lbs. If anyone has info on a alignment tool let me know. I've noticed my belt always seems to run to the outside of the rear pulley so I'm guessing it's off from the marks on the swingarm a bit.
I use one of these....itís ok, but a bit of a faff. Youíre suppose to rotate the wheel, and measure the tension at the tightest point. The Profi tool has little cards with notches on it, that helps with measuring alignment on a belt. I have it a little easier, in that I can put the bike on a stand, and rotate the wheel with the bike in the air.

Yes, this tool (which I take as being more accurate) suggests the notches on the swingarm are pretty off. And yes, the belt tends to travel from left to right slightly on the rear sprocket when rotating the wheel - not sure there is actually a lot you can do about that.

I can spend an hour tensioning the belt, trying to get it Ďstraightí regardless of where on the sprocket I measure the alignment, and with the right tension (as you say, I aim for about 9mm-ish).....Iím aware cooler dudes would just look at it, and say ďthatíll do........Ē

Ben
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CAF845CE-C38B-4FEE-8552-749C1DB98FE1.jpeg
Views:	25
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	17360  

ďDo you understand half the **** he says?Ē ďNo, but I know what he meansĒ.
post #66 of 66 (permalink) Old 07-07-2020, 08:09 PM

Garage
I tried the baron kit and found it extremely harsh. Looking at it, there is a quarter inch of up and down play because the bolt is a smaller diameter than the stock shock pivot. I turned a spacer on my lathe with the outer diameter of the original pivot, and the inner diameter just a thou or two larger than the threads of the bolt in the rise up kit. Pressed this into the shock bushing and it made a big difference on dirt and rough pavement.

Also my FORSA shocks are clapped out and worn out at 9000 miles. I donít recommend them anymore.

Charles.

Loud pipes don't save lives, they just piss off voters.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page