Not ready yet - Yamaha SCR950 Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-26-2020, 02:51 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Not ready yet

The fall colors are just getting started in my area of Michigan. It's truly my favorite time of year for riding. Although I am thinking about selling my SCR and buying (20) iPhones.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200926_134536.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	447.4 KB
ID:	17454   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200926_134448.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	538.3 KB
ID:	17456  
yoitsemo likes this.

Someday, you'll own some Yamahas

70 Yamaha CT175
71 Yamaha CT175
71 Yamaha JT60
72 Yamaha JT60 (2)
74 Yamaha DT360
75 Yamaha GT80
75 Yamaha DT100
75 Yamaha DT125
75 Yamaha DT175
76 Yamaha DT175
75 Yamaha DT250 (2)
75 Yamaha DT400
76 Honda Z50
17 Yamaha SCR950
post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-27-2020, 01:46 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schu View Post
The fall colors are just getting started in my area of Michigan. It's truly my favorite time of year for riding. Although I am thinking about selling my SCR and buying (20) iPhones.
Ahhh yes, fall. My favorite time for riding as well! Funny, I was wondering just yesterday.... Who the **** buys this ****, anyway?! Kinda like the lakes in Minnesota getting choked out with weeds, this SPAM!!!! Good to hear from you, Schu! Jevers

post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-27-2020, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Ahhh yes, fall. My favorite time for riding as well! Funny, I was wondering just yesterday.... Who the **** buys this ****, anyway?! Kinda like the lakes in Minnesota getting choked out with weeds, this SPAM!!!! Good to hear from you, Schu! Jevers
Look at this - all the original gangstas back together!!

Really starting to cool down over here now though - I presume it is in the North over there, too?

Went for a ride to see my Dads new Harley yesterday - managed to blag a go, too. Bit of a beast - 103 ci, with Stage 1.....lovely. Maybe I’ll inherit when he gives up biking (it’s a 74th Birthday present to himself, bless him.......)

Not so much fun on the way home - was literally about 4 miles from home (in the fast lane on the Motorway/Highway!), when the SCR starting surging!! “Not again” I thought......having experienced this a few times before, and even running dry once.

Made for the closest exit, and managed to get off the Motorway, but she finally ran out about 500 yards from the petrol station.....second time I’ve had to push this thing!!

Oh well - no harm, no foul. I think I had about 125 miles on the trip (I’ve long since stopped recording how much I get out of each tank), but interestingly - the Koso didn’t indicate I was running low, and trip to the ‘countdown’ counter, so no idea what’s happening there.....something to investigate, I guess, but I’ve a feeling it’s not the first time it hasn’t registered low fuel.

“Hang in there”.
Ben
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C11DADEB-5391-4B4A-B440-4C6D26C4BD54.jpeg
Views:	50
Size:	222.7 KB
ID:	17458  

“Do you understand half the **** he says?” “No, but I know what he means”.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-28-2020, 10:36 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRBen View Post
Look at this - all the original gangstas back together!!

Really starting to cool down over here now though - I presume it is in the North over there, too?

Went for a ride to see my Dads new Harley yesterday - managed to blag a go, too. Bit of a beast - 103 ci, with Stage 1.....lovely. Maybe I’ll inherit when he gives up biking (it’s a 74th Birthday present to himself, bless him.......)

Not so much fun on the way home - was literally about 4 miles from home (in the fast lane on the Motorway/Highway!), when the SCR starting surging!! “Not again” I thought......having experienced this a few times before, and even running dry once.

Made for the closest exit, and managed to get off the Motorway, but she finally ran out about 500 yards from the petrol station.....second time I’ve had to push this thing!!

Oh well - no harm, no foul. I think I had about 125 miles on the trip (I’ve long since stopped recording how much I get out of each tank), but interestingly - the Koso didn’t indicate I was running low, and trip to the ‘countdown’ counter, so no idea what’s happening there.....something to investigate, I guess, but I’ve a feeling it’s not the first time it hasn’t registered low fuel.

“Hang in there”.
Ben
They're all coming out of the woodwork now! Looking like we might revive this thread after all. Good to hear from you as well, Ben! I have a question for anyone who has Ivan's reflash. Once in a while, my bike goes into a high idle fit. I first noticed it after riding a while, shutting it off to refuel, then on start up, it goes into the high idle fit for the next few miles. It goes away after awhile. It also happened a couple of times on cold start up and not letting the normal high idle settle down before taking off. I am going to ask Ivan.... What gives??!!

post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-29-2020, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
They're all coming out of the woodwork now! Looking like we might revive this thread after all. Good to hear from you as well, Ben! I have a question for anyone who has Ivan's reflash. Once in a while, my bike goes into a high idle fit. I first noticed it after riding a while, shutting it off to refuel, then on start up, it goes into the high idle fit for the next few miles. It goes away after awhile. It also happened a couple of times on cold start up and not letting the normal high idle settle down before taking off. I am going to ask Ivan.... What gives??!!
Yeah, I’ve noticed that on occasion too, but it’s not been anything I’ve ever been too concerned about. When we’re talking “high idle”, it’s not like the engine is racing or anything - maybe a couple of 100 rpm higher than normal.....as you say, it seems to settle down pretty quickly too.

I’m sure I’ve read about it elsewhere too, so don’t think its a new phenomenon.

Sorry - no answers, but at least you’re not alone!!

Ben

post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-29-2020, 05:22 AM

There you go.....

https://www.yamahastarbolt.com/techn...-feedback/390/

https://www.yamahastarbolt.com/mods-...sh-idle-speed/

And even on the Raider/Warrior forum:

https://www.roadstarraider.com/index...memode=mobile;

Ben

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-29-2020, 11:38 AM

The occasional high revving shouldn't be anything of concern, but if you HAVE TO check something it might be worthwhile to check the cleanliness of your air filter. I remember my little Ruckus, which had a carburetor, ran at higher RPM's when the air was cold, dry, and easy to get through the filter, and ran lower on very damp days when the Chicago air was as thick as pea soup. A dirty air filter could throw off how the ECU responds to gas/air mixtures.

Most engines will rev high when they're cold or if the air is really dry, anyway. I wouldn't be too concerned. Plus, from what SCRBen posted, high revving after a flash is apparently intentional?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Get some leather for your SCR. Free shipping!
Set of 2 Pony Express Bags
Or get shorty on the left or right
Need under-seat storage? I've got you covered
How about a forkbag?
Know someone with a Yamaha Bolt? Spread the word about my new bag!
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-30-2020, 08:03 AM

Garage
Thanks, Ben! I'll update after I talk with Ivan.

post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-30-2020, 06:58 PM

Right on Schu. Like the graphic on your number plate. Quite cool . . .
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-02-2020, 06:33 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Try again for a color cruise

I'm going to ride again tomorrow and see if the fall colors are starting to peak yet. Tomorrow's high is supposed to hit 52F and sunny at 2 PM. I like it like that.

Someday, you'll own some Yamahas

70 Yamaha CT175
71 Yamaha CT175
71 Yamaha JT60
72 Yamaha JT60 (2)
74 Yamaha DT360
75 Yamaha GT80
75 Yamaha DT100
75 Yamaha DT125
75 Yamaha DT175
76 Yamaha DT175
75 Yamaha DT250 (2)