Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner

Old member looking for a new SCR again

4K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  SCRBen 
#1 ·
Well, Never say never! After selling my SCR alittle over a year ago I'm going to look at another new one. I live in the Pacific NW so it seems prices hovering in the 4500 for used with low (usually around 12-1500 miles) to about 5599 new. I know that I have to fix the seat, get a skid plate and switch pegs to make it suit my taste.

I see several dealers are showing crazy low $2999 and that usually equates to $5400 OTD with $400 shipping to me.......ANyone got any great deals lately???

Havent been on the forum for over a years or so and I need to catch up!

Thanks for any input....

#3 ·
I just want something simple, low maint. that looks good and I like the red ones the best. Either another SCR or I like the Blue Honda NC750X which I think Eddie has two.

Reactions: TonyKZ1
#6 ·
I found that St.Charles has no more, all gone. I did find a used one with 1200 miles in red with a corbin seat for $5000 OTD with no fees. I have found several more around 5999 but I think a used red with only 1200 miles for 5K seems fair. It's below the kelly and NADA values so I'm ok with that and I don"t have to fix the seat!

#8 ·
Well I'm official again. I have another Red (Fastest) SCR. This one came with different mirrors, 1200 miles and a grey and red Corbin seat. Took it for a test drive and ran smooth and shifted great. After a careful look all around it it seems fine and in expected condition for 1200 miles. BTW, I test drove a Triumph Speed Twin.............Oh boy those are fun and peppy....That may wait til next spring!

Anyway nice to have one again......

#14 ·
This one is 0421 which makes sense as it's pretty close to where I bought the first one.

MFG date on this one shows 7 /16 so I guess that means both were pretty early in the SCR life.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.