Old School - Yamaha SCR950 Forum
 9Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-05-2020, 11:44 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Burke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 287
Old School

Hey Schu,
Look at what I got !!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0046.jpeg
Views:	144
Size:	210.5 KB
ID:	17042  
yoitsemo likes this.
Burke is offline  
post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-05-2020, 07:45 PM
Senior Member
 
Schu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 1,068
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke View Post
Hey Schu,
Look at what I got !!!
Oh man...
1969 Penton 125 6-days!
And it looks to be very complete.
The downswept pipe seems odd.
I can't wait to see what you do with that gem.

Someday, you'll own some Yamahas

70 Yamaha CT175
71 Yamaha CT175
71 Yamaha JT60
72 Yamaha JT60 (2)
74 Yamaha DT360
75 Yamaha GT80
75 Yamaha DT100
75 Yamaha DT125
75 Yamaha DT175
76 Yamaha DT175
75 Yamaha DT250 (2)
75 Yamaha DT400
76 Honda Z50
17 Yamaha SCR950
Schu is offline  
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-06-2020, 09:14 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Burke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schu View Post
Oh man...
1969 Penton 125 6-days!
And it looks to be very complete.
The downswept pipe seems odd.
I can't wait to see what you do with that gem.
The guy I got it from has had it for fifty years. I am just going to clean it, make it run, too original to restore. Tool kit is intact. Very cool. Right place right time.
Burke is offline  
 
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-06-2020, 12:33 PM
Senior Member
 
Schu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 1,068
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke View Post
The guy I got it from has had it for fifty years. I am just going to clean it, make it run, too original to restore. Tool kit is intact. Very cool. Right place right time.
That's a good decision on your part. I have done that same thing with two of my bikes that I acquired from the original owners. Although a proper cleaning nearly required a total tear down.
Burke likes this.

Someday, you'll own some Yamahas

70 Yamaha CT175
71 Yamaha CT175
71 Yamaha JT60
72 Yamaha JT60 (2)
74 Yamaha DT360
75 Yamaha GT80
75 Yamaha DT100
75 Yamaha DT125
75 Yamaha DT175
76 Yamaha DT175
75 Yamaha DT250 (2)
75 Yamaha DT400
76 Honda Z50
17 Yamaha SCR950
Schu is offline  
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-06-2020, 06:22 PM
Senior Member
 
Schu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 1,068
Garage
This was my latest original owner acquisition.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190818_110154-1.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	533.1 KB
ID:	17044  
Burke likes this.

Someday, you'll own some Yamahas

70 Yamaha CT175
71 Yamaha CT175
71 Yamaha JT60
72 Yamaha JT60 (2)
74 Yamaha DT360
75 Yamaha GT80
75 Yamaha DT100
75 Yamaha DT125
75 Yamaha DT175
76 Yamaha DT175
75 Yamaha DT250 (2)
75 Yamaha DT400
76 Honda Z50
17 Yamaha SCR950
Schu is offline  
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-05-2020, 10:12 PM
Senior Member
 
Schu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 1,068
Garage
Hey Burke,
Have you done anything with the Penton yet?

Someday, you'll own some Yamahas

70 Yamaha CT175
71 Yamaha CT175
71 Yamaha JT60
72 Yamaha JT60 (2)
74 Yamaha DT360
75 Yamaha GT80
75 Yamaha DT100
75 Yamaha DT125
75 Yamaha DT175
76 Yamaha DT175
75 Yamaha DT250 (2)
75 Yamaha DT400
76 Honda Z50
17 Yamaha SCR950
Schu is offline  
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-06-2020, 08:08 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Burke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 287
Penton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schu View Post
Hey Burke,
Have you done anything with the Penton yet?
It’s getting there...rebuilt carb, petcocks, got an original tank, spark plug and ignition wire. started on its first kick after sitting for 45+ years. Carburetor is pretty cool it has a “tickler” in it that pushes the float down for more fuel.
Sadly it’s been put aside for now, the hard tail is more important. Riding the SCR everyday. Love that bike !!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4175.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	207.2 KB
ID:	17286   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0277.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	383.4 KB
ID:	17292  

Last edited by Burke; 06-06-2020 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Spelling
Burke is offline  
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-06-2020, 10:59 PM
Senior Member
 
jevers478@gmail.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Savage,MN
Posts: 598
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke View Post
It’s getting there...rebuilt carb, petcocks, got an original tank, spark plug and ignition wire. started on its first kick after sitting for 45+ years. Carburetor is pretty cool it has a “tickler” in it that pushes the float down for more fuel.
Sadly it’s been put aside for now, the hard tail is more important. Riding the SCR everyday. Love that bike !!!
Ahhhh yes, the ol tickler! A staple of many a carburetor on the ol English bikes. A very crude but effective way to get the ol girls to fire up. Sorry! Was that too many " ol"s? BTW, Burke. What's up with your chopper? What is it? Jevers

[email protected] is online now  
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-07-2020, 04:49 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Burke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 287
Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Ahhhh yes, the ol tickler! A staple of many a carburetor on the ol English bikes. A very crude but effective way to get the ol girls to fire up. Sorry! Was that too many " ol"s? BTW, Burke. What's up with your chopper? What is it? Jevers
1998 California Motorcycle Company wide rider classic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0303.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	223.4 KB
ID:	17296  
Burke is offline  
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-07-2020, 04:51 AM
Senior Member
 
SCRBen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Yorks, UK
Posts: 1,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
BTW, Burke. What's up with your chopper? What is it? Jevers
S&S Evo engine??

“Do you understand half the **** he says?” “No, but I know what he means”.
SCRBen is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome