Honda Rebel 1100 - Yamaha SCR950 Forum
 1Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-25-2020, 02:49 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
SCRBen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Yorks, UK
Posts: 1,157
Honda Rebel 1100

Saw a picture of the newly announced 1100 Honda Rebel today, and nearly spat my coffee out! One publicity shot in particular looked especially familiar......

Got to admit, was never really a fan of the newer 500 Rebels, but the thought of an 1100 is intriguing, especially with the nice power figures that come with an engine inherited from the Africa Twin.


Thoughts.....?

Ben
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	536654A1-3213-4EAD-A25A-E170AB7C6F06.jpeg
Views:	38
Size:	126.1 KB
ID:	17518   Click image for larger version

Name:	3B7D0FDD-772F-49BC-847F-C108B1313777.jpeg
Views:	40
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	17520  

“Do you understand half the **** he says?” “No, but I know what he means”.
SCRBen is offline  
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-25-2020, 05:46 PM
Senior Member
 
jevers478@gmail.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Savage,MN
Posts: 642
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRBen View Post
Saw a picture of the newly announced 1100 Honda Rebel today, and nearly spat my coffee out! One publicity shot in particular looked especially familiar......

Got to admit, was never really a fan of the newer 500 Rebels, but the thought of an 1100 is intriguing, especially with the nice power figures that come with an engine inherited from the Africa Twin.

https://youtu.be/ouXW2vLsFGs

Thoughts.....?

Ben
Cool bike, but for the long legged riders like me and for the same price, I would go with the Africa Twin. Just my opinion. Jevers

[email protected] is online now  
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-25-2020, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
SCRBen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Yorks, UK
Posts: 1,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Cool bike, but for the long legged riders like me and for the same price, I would go with the Africa Twin. Just my opinion. Jevers
Yeah, take your point re the seeming lack of legroom - wonder if they’ll introduce forward controls?

Same price tho?.......not even close!! Very aggressively priced.....

Ben
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ECDB4917-DCFE-45CE-AF1E-598A5015A564.jpeg
Views:	40
Size:	171.4 KB
ID:	17522   Click image for larger version

Name:	43EB3EB8-9336-4D65-B3A8-D616821E82F9.jpeg
Views:	38
Size:	232.7 KB
ID:	17524  

“Do you understand half the **** he says?” “No, but I know what he means”.
SCRBen is offline  
 
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-25-2020, 06:54 PM
Senior Member
 
jevers478@gmail.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Savage,MN
Posts: 642
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRBen View Post
Yeah, take your point re the seeming lack of legroom - wonder if they’ll introduce forward controls?

Same price tho?.......not even close!! Very aggressively priced.....

Ben
Yeah, I guess I was comparing apples to oranges. The NEW Rebel is $9995 and a NEW OLD STOCK 2017 Africa Twin is $9495. It's still a new bike, but 3 or 4 model years old.
SCRBen likes this.

[email protected] is online now  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome