Sissy bar - Page 2 - Yamaha SCR950 Forum
 7Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-06-2020, 06:55 PM
Senior Member
 
Schu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 1,137
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRBen View Post
I do like the old Viragos’......
Viragi?
Ben
That Virago 1100 was surprisingly fast for a Vtwin cruiser. Going from the seat height of the Vgo to the seat height of SCR was a big change to get used to. You'd go to put your foot down at a stop light and would start to panic when it required about 6 more inches from your inseam.

Someday, you'll own some Yamahas

70 Yamaha CT175
71 Yamaha CT175
71 Yamaha JT60
72 Yamaha JT60 (2)
74 Yamaha DT360
75 Yamaha GT80
75 Yamaha DT100
75 Yamaha DT125
75 Yamaha DT175
76 Yamaha DT175
75 Yamaha DT250 (2)
75 Yamaha DT400
76 Honda Z50
17 Yamaha SCR950
Schu is offline  
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-07-2020, 02:50 AM
Senior Member
 
SCRBen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Yorks, UK
Posts: 1,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schu View Post
That Virago 1100 was surprisingly fast for a Vtwin cruiser. Going from the seat height of the Vgo to the seat height of SCR was a big change to get used to. You'd go to put your foot down at a stop light and would start to panic when it required about 6 more inches from your inseam.
How did it compare, power-wise? It’ll have been roughly the same power output as the SCR, won’t it - Mid 50s? Was it a bit torquier tho, given it was an 1100?
Ben

“Do you understand half the **** he says?” “No, but I know what he means”.
SCRBen is offline  
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-07-2020, 04:57 PM
Senior Member
 
Schu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 1,137
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRBen View Post
How did it compare, power-wise? It’ll have been roughly the same power output as the SCR, won’t it - Mid 50s? Was it a bit torquier tho, given it was an 1100?
Ben
Max torque was 62.7 ft/lbs (85.0 Nm) @ 3000 RPM. Claimed horsepower was 60.75 HP (45.3 KW) @ 5600 RPM.
It would've embarrassed the SCR. The low end torque was massive, and it would pull strong thru the entire range. It was in dire need of a 6th gear. Loved the shaft drive. It was an odd machine in many ways, and I never really liked the styling until now when I look back at the photos. I should've kept it. I only got $2,000 for it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170924_181222-1.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	167.5 KB
ID:	17498   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170924_181150.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	546.1 KB
ID:	17500   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0086.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	245.1 KB
ID:	17502   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1280.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	298.1 KB
ID:	17504  

Someday, you'll own some Yamahas

70 Yamaha CT175
71 Yamaha CT175
71 Yamaha JT60
72 Yamaha JT60 (2)
74 Yamaha DT360
75 Yamaha GT80
75 Yamaha DT100
75 Yamaha DT125
75 Yamaha DT175
76 Yamaha DT175
75 Yamaha DT250 (2)
75 Yamaha DT400
76 Honda Z50
17 Yamaha SCR950
Schu is offline  
 
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-08-2020, 12:02 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schu View Post
The sissy bar on my previous bike is dearly missed. It was perfect for slipping a motorcycle backpack over the bar in reverse fashion letting it rest on the passenger portion of the seat. Maybe find one from an old Virago and take it somewhere for Custom Fitting.
That's exactly why I'd like one.
XB12X is offline  
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-08-2020, 06:10 PM
Senior Member
 
SCRBen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Yorks, UK
Posts: 1,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schu View Post
It was an odd machine in many ways, and I never really liked the styling until now when I look back at the photos. I should've kept it. I only got $2,000 for it.
Yeah, I agree - they almost look too short, as if they’ve been compressed from either end.....like an accordion! Still like em tho......nice pics too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schu View Post
Max torque was 62.7 ft/lbs (85.0 Nm) @ 3000 RPM. Claimed horsepower was 60.75 HP (45.3 KW) @ 5600 RPM.
It would've embarrassed the SCR. The low end torque was massive, and it would pull strong thru the entire range.
Aah - the SCRs not that far off then......79.5 Nm of torque and 51-54 ponies (depends where you look! ).......and it’s giving away 150 cubes. Bet the SCRs heavier tho, too?

Ben

“Do you understand half the **** he says?” “No, but I know what he means”.
SCRBen is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome