Traditional Scrambler Exhaust - Page 4 - Yamaha SCR950 Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 03:21 AM

Nice job with the scrambler pipes, looks great!
post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-10-2019, 11:05 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to BordFree
Ok, honest question. How much in-depth knowledge does one need to install something like this? I would REALLY love to buy and install their black version of this pipe, but I'm a little worried it's something that I wouldn't be able to do properly since I have no experience working on motorcycles. Is it simply "un-bolt old pipe, bolt on new pipe" or is there more to it? I've seen people here and in the Facebook SCR950 group talking about potentially needing re-tuned and such after a exhaust swap and I have no idea what that entails. Also, same questions for the intake... I've been thinking about getting a velociraptor as well. Is that all something I'd want to do at one time so that I'd only need one re-tune?
post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-10-2019, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BordFree View Post
Ok, honest question. How much in-depth knowledge does one need to install something like this? I would REALLY love to buy and install their black version of this pipe, but I'm a little worried it's something that I wouldn't be able to do properly since I have no experience working on motorcycles. Is it simply "un-bolt old pipe, bolt on new pipe" or is there more to it? I've seen people here and in the Facebook SCR950 group talking about potentially needing re-tuned and such after a exhaust swap and I have no idea what that entails. Also, same questions for the intake... I've been thinking about getting a velociraptor as well. Is that all something I'd want to do at one time so that I'd only need one re-tune?
Simple rule: do one of them, you’ll be fine; do both, and you’ll need to think about your fuelling (whether that’s via an ECU reflash, or a PCIII etc - Google it).

And you should pretty much be able to fit either, experience or none. There’s some guides here or there - I’ve done one on fitting a Danmoto, for example, on here. Depends what pipe you get, I guess, whether it is a simple swap, or some ‘modification’ is required.
Ben
BordFree likes this.

“Do you understand half the **** he says?” “No, but I know what he means”.

post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-15-2020, 01:43 PM

I want those pipes.

However, I'd also want to lop about 2 feet off of them too.
Love the wrap you put on it there.

I'd love to see them once those heat shields get put on.

Did you guys get them directly from Mac?

That's a sweet bike.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page