Vance & Hines exhaust - Yamaha SCR950 Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-10-2020, 12:41 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
tpscr950's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 29
Vance & Hines exhaust

I just added a Vance and Hines slip on to my bike. WOW! I already feel improved power and it sounds so awesome. It is a loud, oh so sweet.
tpscr950 is offline  
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-10-2020, 02:36 PM
Senior Member
 
jevers478@gmail.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Savage,MN
Posts: 642
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpscr950 View Post
I just added a Vance and Hines slip on to my bike. WOW! I already feel improved power and it sounds so awesome. It is a loud, oh so sweet.
I know where you are coming from! I did the full meal deal ( complete Bassani 2into1 system, Cobra intake and Ivan's reflash). WOWEE!!!!! Night and day difference. I don't really care for loud pipes, but these are growing on me! You went the correct route, BTW, according to Ivan. Stock head pipes with a slip will give you the most power. Enjoy! Jevers

[email protected] is online now  
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-10-2020, 05:14 PM
Junior Member
 
striking_balls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Chicago and Ottawa ON
Posts: 13
errrr.... show us!!

1982 Kawasaki 100
Franken-bike??
1984 Honda NH 700S
|
|
30 years
|
|
V
2017 Yamaha 950 SCR
striking_balls is offline  
 
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-10-2020, 06:42 PM
Senior Member
 
Schu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 1,139
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I know where you are coming from! I did the full meal deal ( complete Bassani 2into1 system, Cobra intake and Ivan's reflash). WOWEE!!!!! Night and day difference. I don't really care for loud pipes, but these are growing on me! You went the correct route, BTW, according to Ivan. Stock head pipes with a slip will give you the most power. Enjoy! Jevers
It's the reflash that's the big hitter on your three upgrades Jay. Although I'm sure the other two items played a role. But the best bang for the buck is Ivan's reflash hands down.

Someday, you'll own some Yamahas

70 Yamaha CT175
71 Yamaha CT175
71 Yamaha JT60
72 Yamaha JT60 (2)
74 Yamaha DT360
75 Yamaha GT80
75 Yamaha DT100
75 Yamaha DT125
75 Yamaha DT175
76 Yamaha DT175
75 Yamaha DT250 (2)
75 Yamaha DT400
76 Honda Z50
17 Yamaha SCR950
Schu is offline  
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-10-2020, 09:28 PM
Senior Member
 
jevers478@gmail.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Savage,MN
Posts: 642
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schu View Post
It's the reflash that's the big hitter on your three upgrades Jay. Although I'm sure the other two items played a role. But the best bang for the buck is Ivan's reflash hands down.
I would have to ( and the rest of you should) agree with you, Schu! I got out for a 120 mile ride yesterday. High 40s and full sun. Still a bit chilly, but worth every shiver!🥶 I get a cit-eating-shat grin every time I twist the throttle! I don't think that's ever going to get old. Jevers

[email protected] is online now  
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-11-2020, 12:51 AM
Junior Member
 
striking_balls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Chicago and Ottawa ON
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
....... I get a cit-eating-shat grin every time I twist the throttle! I don't think that's ever going to get old. Jevers
ok, I am convinced I am going to do the reflash and the air intake. I don't want louder pipes (although I would love them...) as I think that ...errr... hmmm..... ok..maybe I will get those too!

1982 Kawasaki 100
Franken-bike??
1984 Honda NH 700S
|
|
30 years
|
|
V
2017 Yamaha 950 SCR
striking_balls is offline  
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-11-2020, 08:09 AM
Senior Member
 
jevers478@gmail.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Savage,MN
Posts: 642
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by striking_balls View Post
ok, I am convinced I am going to do the reflash and the air intake. I don't want louder pipes (although I would love them...) as I think that ...errr... hmmm..... ok..maybe I will get those too!
post #135 of 156 (permalink) Old 07-06-2020, 06:03 PM
[email protected]
Senior Member

[email protected]'s Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Savage,MN
Posts: 633
Garage
Here is the exhaust / intake option I went with. I think that NOW SHE LOOKS LIKE A DAMNED SEXY BEAST! Notice how much knee room I gained over the Velociraptor. The Cobra is lower and farther forward. It seems to stick out about as far as the horn. There is quite a noticeable increase in POWER. But, she is waaaaaay louder than I had anticipated. No quiet baffle, either. If this is my mid-life crisis, I'm gonna live to be 110 years old! Jevers
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name: Bassani 6.jpg
Views: 134
Size: 420.1 KB
ID: 17362 Click image for larger version

Name: Bassani 5.jpg
Views: 94
Size: 242.0 KB
ID: 17364 Click image for larger version

Name: Bassani 4.jpg
Views: 93
Size: 276.9 KB
ID: 17366 Click image for larger version

Name: Bassani 3.jpg
Views: 103
Size: 244.4 KB
ID: 17368 Click image for larger version

Name: Bassani 1.jpg
Views: 94
Size: 167.4 KB
ID: 17370

[email protected] is online now  
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-11-2020, 09:21 AM
Senior Member
 
jevers478@gmail.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Savage,MN
Posts: 642
Garage
Whoops, that didn't work. In case you haven't noticed, I really suck at this IT crap! If you go to that post, you can see the pictures. Sorry! Jevers

[email protected] is online now  
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-11-2020, 03:16 PM
Junior Member
 
striking_balls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Chicago and Ottawa ON
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Whoops, that didn't work. In case you haven't noticed, I really suck at this IT crap! If you go to that post, you can see the pictures. Sorry! Jevers
I think only you can see them on your computer???

1982 Kawasaki 100
Franken-bike??
1984 Honda NH 700S
|
|
30 years
|
|
V
2017 Yamaha 950 SCR
striking_balls is offline  
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-11-2020, 06:32 PM
Senior Member
 
Schu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 1,139
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by striking_balls View Post
ok, I am convinced I am going to do the reflash and the air intake. I don't want louder pipes (although I would love them...) as I think that ...errr... hmmm..... ok..maybe I will get those too!
Do this simple mod to your stock can and you will love it.

https://www.scr950forum.com/forum/77...2-exhaust.html

Someday, you'll own some Yamahas

70 Yamaha CT175
71 Yamaha CT175
71 Yamaha JT60
72 Yamaha JT60 (2)
74 Yamaha DT360
75 Yamaha GT80
75 Yamaha DT100
75 Yamaha DT125
75 Yamaha DT175
76 Yamaha DT175
75 Yamaha DT250 (2)
75 Yamaha DT400
76 Honda Z50
17 Yamaha SCR950
Schu is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome