Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I will be taking off in 2 weeks on a +/-1200mi round trip from Seattle, WA out towards the continental divide via US-hwy12 and back via I-90 and hwy2. Getting out for opening week of elk season in Montana, but mostly looking forward to the ride!

Any tips and suggestions on that big of a ride are greatly appreciated. I have planned out all my gas stops along the way, and picked up a 1.3 gallon gas tank for the 136mi stretch of hwy12 between Kooskia, ID and Lolo, MT.

I will post some pictures of the journey halfway or after I’m back home resting

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey all,

I will be taking off in 2 weeks on a +/-1200mi round trip from Seattle, WA out towards the continental divide via US-hwy12 and back via I-90 and hwy2. Getting out for opening week of elk season in Montana, but mostly looking forward to the ride!

Any tips and suggestions on that big of a ride are greatly appreciated. I have planned out all my gas stops along the way, and picked up a 1.3 gallon gas tank for the 136mi stretch of hwy12 between Kooskia, ID and Lolo, MT.

I will post some pictures of the journey halfway or after I’m back home resting
That trip sounds mesmerising.
It makes my piddling forays in the UK seem exactly that !
Enjoy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yesterday was the big ride! Seattle, WA to Hamilton, MT

36 degrees through Snoqualmie pass was NOT AS FUN as I’d imagined. The rest of the ride was amazing, about 600 miles with a few stops. Left at 4am got in at 6pm (different time zone). I think a new seat may be in my future, but the luggage rack with gas can made a good back rest at times. Other than that the bike did great, even got in a few miles on the washboarded gravel road to Palouse falls. Saw a grand total of 2 other motorcycles on the road in Washington before I got to Idaho

Of course I get to Montana and now my friends want to go on a motorcycle ride! It’s always fun, but I’m a little sore today

·
Registered
44 Posts
Wow, awesome... England is compact, man-made, historical, and comprised of envelopes of differentness in small distances as you ride... Touring the States must be large , empty, and wild, with brief urban areas , or so I imagine... thanks for sharing the ride!

·
Super Moderator
1,310 Posts
They are without doubt fabulous pictures of fabulous landscapes - very jealous!!

Re your sore arse, I’ll just refer you to @Schu ’s recent post re a Corbin seat currently for sale in the US via eBay…..

Cheers,

Ben

Reactions: Schu

·
Registered
19 Posts
I agree with the seat. You are a better man than I. The most I could handle with the original seat was 500 miles in one day with 2 days of rest for my arse, as the brit would say.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Home now, and honestly, the seat wasn’t as bad as I thought it’d be. I do appreciate the ability to cruise at 85-95mph (speed limit in Montana is 70-80) and be able to have enough power to overtake going up the passes. Great bike.
Cloud Sky Plant Afterglow Natural landscape
Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Gas pump
Wheel Tire Sky Fuel tank Vehicle
Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
91 Posts
You got out there and used your bike, and made memories that will last long after the aches and pains are gone.
I ride my bike at every opportunity I can because I know time is running out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts