Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner

1500 miles in puncture

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Odyoa Yamaha 
#1 ·
Well yesterday I noticed the SCR 950 was feeling even heavier then usual as I pulled it out of my parking spot.
Of course it was a puncture these as you know only ever happen in rear tyres. So 250KG, no center stand not amusing at all.
I have disliked oem tyres from day one so for just a little more money I opted to get some road tyres front and rear.
Found a great mobile fitter at a brilliant price. First choice was Avon roadriders but ended up with Bridgestone A41.....
Will let you know how they perform not gonna miss the 70 howl at all.
Plant Tire Fence Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive tire Vehicle

See less See more
#2 ·
Ha - I don’t think I’d done many more miles when I got my first puncture.....

.....happened on a roundabout in Hull......:rolleyes:. Certainly tightened the old sphincter, did that.......

I just opted for a new inner tube at that time though......can you say “mistake”?! :ROFLMAO:

Ben

#4 ·
It as been 5 years since last puncture and I can often sort problem myself, but the SCR is nightmare too sort. My tyre fitter told me to use slime treatment in tubes and I will be taking is advice.
Stuart
You’ll have to let us know how that goes - I was always warned off the stuff, owing to the terrible mess it leaves.

I didn’t even realise it could be used in tubed tires either, until I looked it up just now.....

Cheers,

Ben

#5 ·
Personally I wouldn't use stuff in tubeless tyres, but the SCR is a very different animal and of course we are only putting in the the tube.
Forget slime I have been steered away from it, just seems to be for everything but bikes like ours. I'm going to use puncture safe found some on eBay at a shop near me biker bargain brands at Newcastle under Lyme near stoke. Don't want rerun of this again.

#6 ·
Well yesterday I noticed the SCR 950 was feeling even heavier then usual as I pulled it out of my parking spot.
Of course it was a puncture these as you know only ever happen in rear tyres. So 250KG, no center stand not amusing at all.
I have disliked oem tyres from day one so for just a little more money I opted to get some road tyres front and rear.
Found a great mobile fitter at a brilliant price. First choice was Avon roadriders but ended up with Bridgestone A41.....
Will let you know how they perform not gonna miss the 70 howl at all. View attachment 17932 View attachment 17933 View attachment 17934 View attachment 17932 View attachment 17933 View attachment 17934

#10 ·
If you never or hardly ever venture of road, fitting block type tyres is imho is daft. if we lived in a pefect world were it never rained we would not need any grooves or patterns. So all tyres are a compromise. Hopefully I have a few thousand miles trouble free and quiet rides ahead of me but...... spotted these bad boys yesterday Dunlop mutants now these look brilliant. Would if they will fit the SCR?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.