Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Super Moderator
1,487 Posts
Anyone done this? Have seen it mentioned various places on the interwebs dealing with the Bolt.
I looked into this, even going so far as to make some notes on my phone, should I ever encounter a likely pulley at an auto jumble or similar. I didn’t pursue it too much, as those who have done it suggest the difference is marginal at best (maybe a few hundred revs).

Here’s the notes I made though:

Front Sprocket/Pulley
SCR/Bolt has 30T front pulley
5S7-17651-00-00 (part no from Fowlers).

People swapping them for a 31T pulley from a Stryker (XVS1300 Custom in U.K.)
27D-17651-00-00

5S7 = 950 engine.
27D = 1300 engine.

Beware - front pulley from XVS1300 Midnight Star etc have a front pulley with P/N: 3DS-17651-00-00. Some suggestion this is also 30T, so of no use!

Key is to count the teeth - you want a 31T sprocket.

Ben

· Registered
31 Posts
I looked into this, even going so far as to make some notes on my phone, should I ever encounter a likely pulley at an auto jumble or similar. I didn’t pursue it too much, as those who have done it suggest the difference is marginal at best (maybe a few hundred revs).

Here’s the notes I made though:

Front Sprocket/Pulley
SCR/Bolt has 30T front pulley
5S7-17651-00-00 (part no from Fowlers).

People swapping them for a 31T pulley from a Stryker (XVS1300 Custom in U.K.)
27D-17651-00-00

5S7 = 950 engine.
27D = 1300 engine.

Beware - front pulley from XVS1300 Midnight Star etc have a front pulley with P/N: 3DS-17651-00-00. Some suggestion this is also 30T, so of no use!

Key is to count the teeth - you want a 31T sprocket.

Ben
Hi SCRBen. I'm willing to try out the 31t pully for my SCR. It seems my riding locations and style always puts me somewhere between the sweet spot in my stock drive gearing. I put on a cobra-flo and drilled out the stock muffler which seemed to help but not enough to stretch it out. I'll send an update and some progress pics once I have a 31t in my hand. Any used ones out there?

· Super Moderator
1,487 Posts
Hi SCRBen. I'm willing to try out the 31t pully for my SCR. It seems my riding locations and style always puts me somewhere between the sweet spot in my stock drive gearing. I put on a cobra-flo and drilled out the stock muffler which seemed to help but not enough to stretch it out. I'll send an update and some progress pics once I have a 31t in my hand. Any used ones out there?
I saw one on eBay a couple of weeks ago, but it was snapped up almost immediately. They also wanted something like $150 for it!!

They come up from time-to-time though......I'll keep looking.

Ben

· Registered
31 Posts
Ha ha - I meant I’ll be looking out for one for me…..but glad you found one, too :ROFLMAO:

Cheers,

Ben
Good luck on finding one. I'll post next week with any changes. I'd keep my eyes out but the shipping would be the drawback. I ordered from a California company and they couldn't get an order from Yamaha until 11/1 so I cancelled it when I found a used one. Dean

1 - 8 of 8 Posts