Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1,417 Posts
An intro to my first adventure bike weekend at the Adventure Spec Wales 500. Riding the Yamaha SCr950 was a challenge but a great ride and experience. I released the blog last week and full vlog to come… The Wales 500 by Rob Aldous on Exposure
Very impressive. I can't imagine riding my SCR through that. I get the feeling you could've ridden an old Suzuki water buffalo on that rally and finished. Well done.

· Super Moderator
1,480 Posts
An intro to my first adventure bike weekend at the Adventure Spec Wales 500. Riding the Yamaha SCr950 was a challenge but a great ride and experience. I released the blog last week and full vlog to come… The Wales 500 by Rob Aldous on Exposure
Very impressive. I can't imagine riding my SCR through that. I get the feeling you could've ridden an old Suzuki water buffalo on that rally and finished. Well done.

My sentiments exactly! Where the heck did he carry his balls?! One on either side of the fuel tank, like a pair of panniers?! Talk about a work out!
Did you lads see @Rob.Aldous actual footage of his SCR spill…..

I had to look away in terror at such abuse…..

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

@Rob.Aldous - you got a fair few requests to share that footage……You’re like our very own RyanFortNine superstar!!

You mention getting something a little more off-road capable though (like a Goldwing!
;))…..does that mean the SCR is going then?

Cheers,
Ben

· Registered
215 Posts

View attachment 18098

@Rob.Aldous - you got a fair few requests to share that footage……You’re like our very own RyanFortNine superstar!!

You mention getting something a little more off-road capable though (like a Goldwing!

Cheers,
Ben

View attachment 18098

Cheers,
Ben
Awesome!

· Registered
1 Posts

View attachment 18098

Cheers,
Ben
What a risk.Cannot put myself and my bike through this😅

· Registered
140 Posts
Just read your lovely inspirational story and watched the video, you deserve that medal and the bike as earned one two. I have always disliked the labeling of bikes, every bike is what you want it to be.
I feel so inspired now that I'm going to get my SCR out now and ride some lanes! And have one of them coffees with SCR Ben.
Thanks for posting.

· Registered
Yamahahahaha
93 Posts
Just read your lovely inspirational story and watched the video, you deserve that medal and the bike as earned one two. I have always disliked the labeling of bikes, every bike is what you want it to be.
I feel so inspired now that I'm going to get my SCR out now and ride some lanes! And have one of them coffees with SCR Ben.
Thanks for posting.
I couldn't agree more @Odyoa Yamaha! I wish I could have a coffee with you all. I work for a coffee company called Stumptown Coffee Roasters in Portland, Oregon. Sure wish I could grab some espresso with some SCR riders..😢I have never even seen another SCR in person!

· Registered
ratSCRambler
20 Posts
Great read and enjoy your YouTube channel as well! My SCR has been parked in my office for the last year (I take it out for a spin at least once a month to keep it going) and you have inspired me to pull the old SCR back out for some much needed maintenance plus start riding it more (have been riding my CRF250 daily lately).

Thanks for the inspiration and keep up the awesome work!

Josh

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.