Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

Got my SCR just over half a year ago and have been taking full advantage of the wealth of knowledge you guys have collected on here, only just realised it's normal to post a bit of an introduction.

I bought mine after passing my A2, restricted to 47bhp with only a much crashed 125 ybr custom before it. It's been my daily since and all through winter and I look forward to keeping it like that till there's no petrol stations left!

In terms of mods I've popped the KOSO speedometer, Renthal bars and a USB charger on it so far, looking forward to putting a bash plate and underslung mirrors on it too when I finally find a decent solutions to making/buying. Plus the usual maintenance stuff from the 10,000 miles I've done so far.

I look forward to being more involved in the forum and chipping in whenever I can be helpful!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hello!

Got my SCR just over half a year ago and have been taking full advantage of the wealth of knowledge you guys have collected on here, only just realised it's normal to post a bit of an introduction.

I bought mine after passing my A2, restricted to 47bhp with only a much crashed 125 ybr custom before it. It's been my daily since and all through winter and I look forward to keeping it like that till there's no petrol stations left!

In terms of mods I've popped the KOSO speedometer, Renthal bars and a USB charger on it so far, looking forward to putting a bash plate and underslung mirrors on it too when I finally find a decent solutions to making/buying. Plus the usual maintenance stuff from the 10,000 miles I've done so far.

I look forward to being more involved in the forum and chipping in whenever I can be helpful!
Welcome, piccies, i want piccies! ( but remember no pinches in the gaiters!):p

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Man this forum is growing on your side of the pond. Many new avatars with the British flag proudly displayed. Glad to see it and always enjoy reading the posts and viewing the photos.

Reactions: Odyoa Yam

·
Super Moderator
1,467 Posts
Man this forum is growing on your side of the pond. Many new avatars with the British flag proudly displayed. Glad to see it and always enjoy reading the posts and viewing the photos.
Maybe we’ll beat the grand total of two SCRs at the annual Peak District meet this year, then…..?! :ROFLMAO:

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Fuel tank Plant

Ben

·
Super Moderator
1,467 Posts
Hi Ben

Any Idea on dates yet?

We could make it 4 and smash ther record;)

Thommo
No bud - nothing in concrete yet. From what I can remember, @Odyoa Yam can do Fridays and Saturdays, and I work shifts, so it varies. What days are good for you?

Also, anyone else who is interested too!

Monyash won’t know what has hit it……people will be stood around, wondering how Yamaha convinced so many people to buy an SCR!! :ROFLMAO:

Ben

·
Registered
41 Posts
No bud - nothing in concrete yet. From what I can remember, @Odyoa Yam can do Fridays and Saturdays, and I work shifts, so it varies. What days are good for you?

Also, anyone else who is interested too!

Monyash won’t know what has hit it……people will be stood around, wondering how Yamaha convinced so many people to buy an SCR!! :ROFLMAO:

Ben
I work a Friday, so a Saturday would be the best day for me.(y)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Peak District (I think?) is too far for me as I've often got work commitments at the weekend (I'm based near Sandwich in East Kent) 😕 However, it could be good to have a southern mini-meet somewhere such as Boxhill sometime over the summer, which would be entirely manageable for me. Although, as above, there may well only be two SCR's there!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Peak District (I think?) is too far for me as I've often got work commitments at the weekend (I'm based near Sandwich in East Kent) 😕 However, it could be good to have a southern mini-meet somewhere such as Boxhill sometime over the summer, which would be entirely manageable for me. Although, as above, there may well only be two SCR's there!
There may only be 2 but it will be SCR Noir! Sandwich? Any further east and you are in the channel, if you have a Sat or Sun, without commitments, and have a mid way meeting point , give me a yell

·
Registered
63 Posts
There may only be 2 but it will be SCR Noir! Sandwich? Any further east and you are in the channel, if you have a Sat or Sun, without commitments, and have a mid way meeting point , give me a yell
That sounds like a plan 👍. Rye looks to be around mid-way, and there's an established bike meet area by the river? I'm around in 2/3 weeks time, will pm you on this nearer the time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.