Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Recently I scored my rear brake disk, I'm looking to avoid long delays in OEM stock availability and preferably the big price tag.

Anyone know if an aftermarket disk would break the ABS ?

Also would anyone know how to go about finding a replacement or if there are any suggestions for a decent quality one?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
1,467 Posts
Hello,

Recently I scored my rear brake disk, I'm looking to avoid long delays in OEM stock availability and preferably the big price tag.

Anyone know if an aftermarket disk would break the ABS ?

Also would anyone know how to go about finding a replacement or if there are any suggestions for a decent quality one?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Tonnes of options available. For example:

Just double check the diameter and bolt pattern for any replacement. ABS won’t be affected…..that counts the notches ‘inboard’ of your brake disc.

Another option - how badly is your OEM disc scored, as you can have a brake disc ‘skimmed’ too (Google it)?

Hope this helps. Welcome BTW.

Regards,

Ben

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This helps a ton thanks. Looked into having it skimmed but came to the conclusion it's torched too badly.

Still trying to search online for more aftermarket solutions, failing that I'm probably going to get the one you linked, I take regular trips from Cheshire to York to see my partner and hopefully to mainland europe soon enough so I'd likely get something new rather than skimming just to have it last a bit longer.

Thanks again for your help!

·
Super Moderator
1,467 Posts
This helps a ton thanks. Looked into having it skimmed but came to the conclusion it's torched too badly.

Still trying to search online for more aftermarket solutions, failing that I'm probably going to get the one you linked, I take regular trips from Cheshire to York to see my partner and hopefully to mainland europe soon enough so I'd likely get something new rather than skimming just to have it last a bit longer.

Thanks again for your help!
No worries. Don’t discount simply getting an OEM replacement part though, would would alleviate any concerns re aftermarket fitment etc (which is what I think I would do). See below - part number 1TP…….. Your local Yamaha dealer would be able to help you out with that. Failing that, order from Fowlers etc:

Font Parallel Circle Screenshot Rectangle

Product Tire Automotive tire Font Parallel

Cheers,

Ben

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.