Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I am a motorcycle noob, so please chime in and give guidance at any time. I will not take any offence.

My first performance mod will the air intake because my knee (and wallet) is demanding it. Secondly the V&H slip on, then Ivan.

What is the real difference between these two Cobra products, other than the price? Now, when I say "difference" I mean 30,000ft/broad sense. I can Google the tech papers but I wouldn't know how to read them unless they used colored pencils and construction paper.

Cobra PowrFlo Air Filter Intake ($312)

Cobra Air Filter Intake ($236)

Who has what here? Something else they like? I also found the "Kuryakyn Standard Hypercharger" but am leaning towards Cobra because this SoCal Brit on YouTube paired Cobra with his V&H and he seems like a guy that knows what hes doin' (Y'all know who I'm talking about right? Is he here?!)

Okie Doke, Cheers n' Thx!
Dasuberworm

·
Super Moderator
1,359 Posts
Oh no, I was close……you mean Jolly Peanut
:ROFLMAO::

No, don’t think he’s on here.

Not sure there’s a great difference beyond the two air cleaners you’ve highlighted, beyond aesthetics. Maybe the ‘powerflo’ flows a bit more air, given its fully “forward-facing” (hence the name) - you’d have to look into that.

You’ll note Jolly Peanut says in this video he’s waiting until he gets his flashed ECU back before running the bike with both mods installed, as perceived wisdom is you want to take care of your fuelling (ie ensure it is sufficient) if changing both the air intake and exhaust (most people agree the bikes can cope if just changing one). Having said that, guys on the Bolt forum are running bikes with both mods and no reflash, so you take your choice…..!

Ben

·
Registered
716 Posts
I tried a Velociraptor and loved the way it looked and performed, but I still hit my knee. I now have the Cobra PowrFlo and I really like the way it looks/performs ( high quality) and now my knee doesn't hit. I'm 6'1" with a 34" inseam, if that helps for comparison. Good luck! Jevers

·
Registered
Yamahahahaha
43 Posts
I tried a Velociraptor and loved the way it looked and performed, but I still hit my knee. I now have the Cobra PowrFlo and I really like the way it looks/performs ( high quality) and now my knee doesn't hit. I'm 6'1" with a 34" inseam, if that helps for comparison. Good luck! Jevers

I'm 5'10" and I have about 2 inches of space between my knee and the velociraptor kuryakyn intake. Ivan's reflash is really the best thing you can get for this bike. I also have the V&H slip on and between those 3 things, my smile is much bigger now when I ride.. Gained about 20 hp and have way better throttle response. I personally like the sound of the V&H vs the Cobra intakes, but it is a little more $$..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts