Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been parking the last couple days next to this little thing. Checked out the brand and saw they're $1400. I'm definitely interested to see how it holds up.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Been parking the last couple days next to this little thing. Checked out the brand and saw they're $1400. I'm definitely interested to see how it holds up.
At completely the opposite end of the scale (in about every conceivable way possible), I really wanna try one of these! A dealer has sprung up only 5 miles from me, and they’re offering test rides.......hmmm......

(If the girl comes with it, that’s an added bonus! :wink2: )

Ben

·
Registered
372 Posts
At completely the opposite end of the scale (in about every conceivable way possible), I really wanna try one of these! A dealer has sprung up only 5 miles from me, and they’re offering test rides.......hmmm......

(If the girl comes with it, that’s an added bonus! :wink2: )

Ben
Those Zeroes are popular with the tech bro crowd here in SF Bay, but the cheapest ones are $11k (£8.8k). Are they priced any better over yonder?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Love the wheels, but only 2 hp? I think it would struggle to move my 285 pound body.
Noooo!! They rate about 50-70hp, depending on the motor size you go for, but hp is not really the way you measure electric bikes. It’s the torque you go for......150Nm, or about 120 lb-ft, straight off idle!! That’s more than a Kawasaki H2, or Duke Panigale at full chat (never mind as soon as you open the throttle.....no ‘powerband’, to speak of). Watch any of the videos about them on YT, and almost everyone who tests them just ends up giggling like a fool! :grin2:

Those Zeroes are popular with the tech bro crowd here in SF Bay, but the cheapest ones are $11k (£8.8k). Are they priced any better over yonder?
Yeah, I can imagine. But they are very expensive here too. Never seen one on the road here either (sound familiar?! :grin2: ). Your price comparison looks about right, but that’s for the cheapest FXS (1st pic) - the one that looks like a full-on supermoto. Think they have pretty limited range though, but that’s the issue with all of them TBH, although it’s getting better all the time. As is the charging infrastructure. Latest bike is the SR/F (2nd pic), which looks like a full-on sports bike.

All the Zeros are cheaper than the Harley Livewire though (3rd pic), but the build quality on that looks amazing, and it sounds good when going down the road too. Going to be £30k here in the UK though!! ($35k ish??)
Ben

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Some good electric bike reviews on YouTube:

Zero DSR (my favourite):

Zero SR/F:
(Watch our for the part where he chases down a Hayabusa....)

Harley Live Wire:

Ben

·
Registered
372 Posts
All the Zeros are cheaper than the Harley Livewire though (3rd pic), but the build quality on that looks amazing, and it sounds good when going down the road too. Going to be £30k here in the UK though!! ($35k ish??)
Ben
Yikes, the import tacks on quite a bit of cost there, huh? The SR/F here sells for $19-21k (£15-17k) and the LiveWire is listed for $29.8k (£24k). Assuming you can charge it on 240V (instead of Murica's blessèd 120V), and assuming it's exempt from exhaust-related homologation concerns (should be, right?), seems like you would theoretically save money by freighting it to yourself.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Yikes, the import tacks on quite a bit of cost there, huh? The SR/F here sells for $19-21k (£15-17k) and the LiveWire is listed for $29.8k (£24k). Assuming you can charge it on 240V (instead of Murica's blessèd 120V), and assuming it's exempt from exhaust-related homologation concerns (should be, right?), seems like you would theoretically save money by freighting it to yourself.
The SR/F is listed for £16.5k in the UK right now, so seems about on par with US prices. Re the LiveWire, I guess we’ll see once it’s actually released.

You’re right about cost-saving though - in the UK, I’ve seen calculations suggesting they equate to giving you about 500mpg!! Obviously, fuel is cheaper in the US, but still....... :nerd: Then, there’s the lack of servicing needs etc.

If you wanna pick me one up and send it over, I’m quite happy to test your theory out! :wink2:
Ben

·
Registered
884 Posts
Love the wheels, but only 2 hp? I think it would struggle to move my 285 pound body.
Yep. Two. Actually, it says less than 2. Geez!
We could probably build up one using an electric lawnmower motor & battery that would smoke the gas version. LOL

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts