Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner

any recommended swing arm stand ?

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  harleyy_rider22 
#1 ·
So, I have a bunch of stuff that needs to be done on the bike... rear tire, (will probably take it off and let Cycle Gear change it for me for $25)
Oil, Brakes, (Spark Plugs) as recommended at 8000 miles
and I was looking at swing arm stands to take the rear wheel off, but didn't want to buy before I ask here, if anyone tried a certain type
since I know some might not suit the bike ...

#4 ·
Pit bull is the best for me.
That looks good !!
what's the exact model name? coz I found tons of them?

I'm at a similar point, where having the bike on a stand would be advantageous. I'm looking into getting a jack, particularly this one:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M0AB7M...olid=1WS9VO01QQ7YK&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Someone with an SCR950 bought and reviewed it positively (4-star) so I figure it's worth a shot. You can see the review by checking the customer photos.
stand is secure... it'd be holding the bike from the swing arm, and that should be good enough...
a Jack can be second point of mounting...

ultimately, I wish I had the space to get the big jack stand that has straps (just like the one in the shops)
but my Garage already has two bikes and a car !

#3 ·
#6 ·
Hey Krix,
I've got a similar stand and it's not bad. Eddie turned me on to it. It does take some getting used to as a one man operation. But once you've done it a few times you will get a feel for the positioning of the unit under your frame cradle so that it ends up centered properly with the balance of the bike such that you can spin both wheels for maintenance and cleaning. At first I tried spinning the lead screw with a drill motor, but that's too aggressive for my liking. I simply use a socket/ratchet and slowly raise it up off the ground.

I've never used the spooled wheel stands like Burke linked, but they obviously served him well. I don't think there's anything on that bike he hasn't modified.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.