Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My front tire just kicks up all sorts of grime and oil and wetness onto my tank and onto the back of the forks, and onto the top of the fender. The fender doesn't seem to be doing it's job so well. Has anyone else noticed this? I dunno if it's the fender's fault, if it's because this is my first motorcycle in 20 years that doesn't have a radiator to catch all that stuff, or what. But my bike is constantly filthy!

Charles.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I also have the Skid plate (Mine is the Yamaha OEM) and it also keeps lots of crud off the motor.

Reactions: flatrack

·
Registered
884 Posts
I put my bike up on a stand like this one yesterday and gave it a good washing after a 90 mile ride.
The salt from an ice storm a few weeks ago was all but cleaned off the roads following rains Sunday, but I didn't want to chance it.
Anyhow, while it was off the ground a little, I took a worn Scotchbrite pad and some soap to the front of the aluminum skid plate and had it looking
like new in no time at all.
=)

Attachments

·
Registered
687 Posts
I put my bike up on a stand like this one yesterday and gave it a good washing after a 90 mile ride.
The salt from an ice storm a few weeks ago was all but cleaned off the roads following rains Sunday, but I didn't want to chance it.
Anyhow, while it was off the ground a little, I took a worn Scotchbrite pad and some soap to the front of the aluminum skid plate and had it looking
like new in no time at all.
=)
If you were going to wax a motorcycle tank what kind of wax would you use? The last time I waxed a car I used Turtle Wax. It was a blue car and the cloth I was using turned blue!!

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
If you were going to wax a motorcycle tank what kind of wax would you use? The last time I waxed a car I used Turtle Wax. It was a blue car and the cloth I was using turned blue!!
I use this on everything. Cars, boat, camper, bikes, guitars, everything. May not hold up as long as other products, but it goes on and buffs off so nice that I don't mind having to do it a little more often than the top dollar stuff.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I use this on everything. Cars, boat, camper, bikes, guitars, everything. May not hold up as long as other products, but it goes on and buffs off so nice that I don't mind having to do it a little more often than the top dollar stuff.
I will look for that kind. Is it safe to use on forty-four year old paint?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts