Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,359 Posts
Any options out there for backrest for the SCR950. I know there is one for the bolt. Does anyone know if it works with SCR950?
I can’t recall anyone has actually tried it, but I doubt it fits - although the SCR is based on the Bolt, it’s the rear subframe that’s probably one of the biggest differences, given Yam added the raised hoop upon which the seat rests, in order to have a higher perch and give it the scrambler ‘look’.

I imagine most Bolt backrests, like the one pictured, utilise the fender struts - much like on a Harley - struts the SCR simply doesn’t have.

Ben

Reactions: Schu

·
Super Moderator
1,359 Posts
I've thought about cobbling together a backrest to attach to the sissy bar section of my Fehling rear rack. Better yet, I should maybe consult @Krixtoph ... Yo Kris!
Yeah, I considered if that was a possibility too.....it’s not really a backrest sort of bike tho, IMO.
Ben

·
Registered
252 Posts
I've thought about cobbling together a backrest to attach to the sissy bar section of my Fehling rear rack. Better yet, I should maybe consult @Krixtoph ... Yo Kris!
Whatcha thinkin'?

·
Registered
372 Posts
I don't know if you have a rack yourself, Kris, but I imagine one would be able to mount a rigid, flat piece of something to it and build a seat back cushion on that? Something small would accomplish what I'm imagining. I'd probably want to screw it on directly or with collars of some sort, rather than use straps or anything else that would leave it easy to steal.

Anyone have ideas?

Rack:

Example cushion:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts