Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts
I replaced my stock neck bearings for “all balls” conical needle bearings and I can now ride with no hands for as long as the bike will roll upright. The handlebar weights will not change the wobble, it’s caused by the inferior stock ball-bearing neck bearings.

Some people say the tires have something to do with it but I’ve had the same tires before and after and the tires are not the issue.

I replaced my stock neck bearings for “all balls” conical needle bearings and I can now ride with no hands for as long as the bike will roll upright. The handlebar weights will not change the wobble, it’s caused by the inferior stock ball-bearing neck bearings.

Some people say the tires have something to do with it but I’ve had the same tires before and after and the tires are not the issue.
Did you have much trouble getting the OEM bearings out? It’s on my list of things to do, having read all about the issue both here and on the Bolt forum. Having said that, I’m not noticing any head shaking……for now:rolleyes:

Ben

Discussion starter · #23 ·
Got this of eBay Ben, center punch standard bars, pilot hole drill, 5mm drill, 6mm tap.. fit hand guards.
Any thoughts on my plan?
Did you have much trouble getting the OEM bearings out? It’s on my list of things to do, having read all about the issue both here and on the Bolt forum. Having said that, I’m not noticing any head shaking……for now:rolleyes:

Ben
Toolbox Tool Material property Gas Font

Got this of eBay Ben, center punch standard bars, pilot hole drill, 5mm drill, 6mm tap.. fit hand guards.
Any thoughts on my plan?
Erm……good luck?

Not really bud - it’s not something I’ve tried before. You sound like you are on the right lines though, from @eddies previous post, which I linked above, and will do again here:

Let us know how it goes(y)

Ben

FAIL.......... Drill broke off so now time for plan c. When you reach a certain age you lose interest in looks and just fit some givi TM421universal handle bar muffs......i know you all what some!
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Motor vehicle Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood

Discussion starter · #26 ·
Captains log supplemental... stu is Odyoa a Yamaha just used my wife's tablet and I gained a new user name.
Sorry for any confusion my name is Stuart I live in the U.K. (black country)
Additional additional my bike was delivered exactly one year ago today and I have completed 5000 trouble free miles. I love this bike and so glad I took a punt on it

FAIL.......... Drill broke off so now time for plan c. When you reach a certain age you lose interest in looks and just fit some givi TM421universal handle bar muffs......i know you all what some!
Nice muff!!

Sorry about the fail, but can’t say I’m surprised - I think you’d need a decent set of drill bits (and drill) to get into those slugs mama Yama installed in the OEM bars.

Never mind…….

Ben

Odyoa Yamaha using wife's Lenovo tablet ...... Finally got handguards fitted, I'm not bad on the tools but this as been a test! Well they are on and I'm pretty pleased with results ok so winter ❄ is almost over but still plenty of wind and rain to deflect.
Coming soon WW 2 nose art stickers first batch as arrived more on the way with Japanese theme.
Sleeve Jersey Art Font T-shirt

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.