Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the Bassani megaphone 4 inch slip on exhaust would fit on the Scr950?
On revzilla they have it for the bolt but says it would not fit but I'm not sure if this is a mistake because I know most aftermarket parts for the bolt work for the Scr950

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And if the bassani wont fit, does anyone have any suggestions? I saw a few people mention the Danmoto but I can't find it for sale anywhere. The vance and hines is a little pricey.
Anyone have an EMGO installed?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Just take a hole saw and core out the OEM pipe...........Nice sound, not to loud and cost's nothing!

Reactions: jer212

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Do you have a video of that sound?
Here you go, but video clips for sound are really a waste because it never really captures the real life sound. It did this to mine over 4K miles ago thinking it would hold me until I bought an aftermarket exhaust. Like I said, that was over 4K miles ago, because I am happy with the results. But the exhaust is still butt ugly.

Reactions: jer212

·
Registered
106 Posts
Check on the Bolt forum for info .........Really sounds good..........I don't want loud but this is about perfect and has a nice deep rumble..........Here's a link from you tube..........

It really sounds better then the video but this gives you a Idea.

A friend sold his SCR a year ago and gave me his old exhaust so I figured I'd try it. I now have a stock pipe and cored out version and I love the sound.

·
Super Moderator
1,327 Posts
A friend sold his SCR a year ago and gave me his old exhaust so I figured I'd try it.
Did this ‘friend’ look just like you, by any chance......?! :grin2:
Ben

·
Registered
106 Posts
No he really exists. In fact he recently has been seeing new and used SCR's going for over $6000 both new and used. He is now thinking he will buy one again as he thinks the value may continue going up!

·
Super Moderator
1,327 Posts
No he really exists. In fact he recently has been seeing new and used SCR's going for over $6000 both new and used. He is now thinking he will buy one again as he thinks the value may continue going up!
Yeah? That’s interesting. Maybe some good news for us, at last. Certainly doesn’t appear to be the case in the UK - still plenty advertised, languishing on dealers’ floors.

Ben

·
Registered
106 Posts
I really think that the value will increase. I doubt enough interest will push the value too high. The best feeling for me is riding something that nobody else has.............I've never seen another in SW Washington!.

·
Super Moderator
1,327 Posts
In a similar vein to what we have discussed here recently, our bikes’ again feature as ‘Bike’ magazines’ ‘Deal of the Month’ here in the UK, demonstrating the reductions dealers are placing on them to shift old stock. I think this is about the 3rd time the SCR has featured in this monthly column in the past couple of years......:grin2:

Ben

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts