Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings to everyone. So what was the finally tally on number of SCR's sold in North America ? I noticed Eddie is a former owner ! Wow !
I still have mine. Still stock. Pretty much untouched and unridden since I wiped in Sept 2018. I drove it down the street last summer and parked it. I had fun for a solid year. But after wipping out and the realization that arthritis in my hips is preventing me from riding, Ive just had to pretty much hang it up. I could hardly get my right foot on the peg so I figure its time to hang it up. Deciding now ether to sell it or keep it.
I hate to let it go but the body wont cooperate and its got a uniuqe position with the controls that I cant get right on it and ride.

I hope everyone is still doing good. Burke Schu Eddie Ben in the UK Kristopher.....

Our buddy out west in san fran with the inflatable vest whose name I cant recall now. hope alls good with everyone.
Mellow. :smile2:

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Good to hear from you again mellow. Sorry to hear that your body no longer suits the bike. I have to believe there's a two wheeler out there somewhere that would still allow you get out and ride once in a while. Sell the SCR to someone that can enjoy it, and then start shopping for a better suited ride. Take it from someone who knows.....small bikes are just as much fun, and occasionally they are more fun. The photo below is my little DT125. It is light weight, has electric start, and its quick enough to be loads of fun. Good luck!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Greetings to everyone. So what was the finally tally on number of SCR's sold in North America ? I noticed Eddie is a former owner ! Wow !
I still have mine. Still stock. Pretty much untouched and unridden since I wiped in Sept 2018. I drove it down the street last summer and parked it. I had fun for a solid year. But after wipping out and the realization that arthritis in my hips is preventing me from riding, Ive just had to pretty much hang it up. I could hardly get my right foot on the peg so I figure its time to hang it up. Deciding now ether to sell it or keep it.
I hate to let it go but the body wont cooperate and its got a uniuqe position with the controls that I cant get right on it and ride.

I hope everyone is still doing good. Burke Schu Eddie Ben in the UK Kristopher.....

Our buddy out west in san fran with the inflatable vest whose name I cant recall now. hope alls good with everyone.
Mellow. :smile2:
Yeah, good to hear from you again buddy - nice to catch up. Whatever you end up riding, keep it shiny side up, eh?

Don’t get an old pile of **** like @Schu suggests tho....!! :wink2:
Ben

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Don’t get an old pile of **** like @Schu suggests tho....!! :wink2:
Ben
Do you think your SCR will look that good in 2062 when it's 45 years old?
Good grief......I'll be pushing up daisies by then!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts