Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
I think it could make an okay first bike if your legs aren't too short. If you're at risk of tipping over because you can't flat-foot at a stop, a high-seated and heavy bike such as this wouldn't be my first suggestion.

·
Registered
884 Posts
I'm with jobirobi on it being a bit cumbersome if you cannot flat-foot at stops.
If you can get past that part okay, it's a good handling bike with great power characteristics for a beginner (lots of low-end, not easy to stall torque).
Depending upon your build and finances, a MT-03 or MT-07 might make a better 1st choice with less of an inclination to quickly outgrow the MT-07.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'm pretty sure we went round and round on this topic last summer, but I can't find the thread. I like it for a beginner as long as you use a little self control with the gas and give yourself plenty of room to stop. She's heavy, you don't notice the weight at speed, until you try to slow down. Just give yourself room and you're fine.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The SCR is a heavy bike. Like others have said, if you can't flat foot it at stops it can be dangerous. First bikes should be 550 to 750cc. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts