Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Has anyone had it happen And its not the 20 amp fuse. However removing it reset the clock, trip 1 and 2 with no change to anything else.
My guess is that you may have run a drill bit thru your wiring harness.
I'm just saying......

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Really dude ???
You said you drilled for the rear fender swap and you drilled for the license plate mount and you drilled for the new exhaust mounts. I've seen it happen with machine builders over the years. It's a viable possibility.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You said you drilled for the rear fender swap and you drilled for the license plate mount and you drilled for the new exhaust mounts. I've seen it happen with machine builders over the years. It's a viable possibility.
Yea dudes, that was my first time with a drill, and guess what I drilled my tire too. BTW I drilled past the tail light is you looked at the pic, and only thing I could have drilled would have been the license plate light, and that was long gone - which is why I even drilled the holes.
I'll mod crap, and I use the dickens out of stuff, so I blow things in 2000 miles that most people don't get in 20K.
Its the rear T/S and the 7.5 amp fuse is blowing … blew the spare too. Have the parts including the bulb. Tomorrow I'll know.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Could be worse.
I arrived at a car shop just in time to see a kid drill mounting bracket holes for a NO2 bottle right through the floor of his vintage Camaro's trunk and into the top of the gas tank.
No boom or fire, thankfully.
He gobbed some gas-proof sealant on two sheet metal screws, ran them in the tank holes and went about his business.

=)

·
Registered
252 Posts
Has anyone had it happen And its not the 20 amp fuse. However removing it reset the clock, trip 1 and 2 with no change to anything else.
Can't say I've had this problem, but if you're not popping fuses then you have a short in your system somewhere. if you snipped or spliced any wires double check those connections, but I recommend first checking your battery lead connections. Always start at the beginning. If you disconnected positive or negative on the battery recently, the connections might have shaken loose after a few rides. It's worth a shot.

Side thought: do your FRONT indicators still work and are they flashing normally?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK figured out and fixed.
The rear fender may have been hit by the wheel - likely not, it was just a piece of crap to start with, which was why I got it dirt cheap, and why I mercilessly drilled it. And no I did not drill through that bracket. OK OK I bought it so its my fault. So now that we got it out of the way -
So the bracket ear on the left side holding the T/S wires was basically bent out of the way to be doing anything useful, the right T/S that runs across the tire was slowly shredded by the tire. That caused it to quit blinking.
The dangly bit of wire was now being shredded by the remnants of the bracket and the tire, resulting in the short a week later.
The left T/S wasn't too far behind in joining its brother in heaven.
The meaty 17" on the SCR may just be too beefy for the bolt fender. Or I may need to get myself a wee bit more ride height. Or stiffen the shock.
Or say screw it and do what I did - leave out the T/S in the rear.
Anyway glad its fixed.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Could be worse.
I arrived at a car shop just in time to see a kid drill mounting bracket holes for a NO2 bottle right through the floor of his vintage Camaro's trunk and into the top of the gas tank.
No boom or fire, thankfully.
He gobbed some gas-proof sealant on two sheet metal screws, ran them in the tank holes and went about his business.

=)
The crime there is putting NOS on a classic camaro.
Hopefully the leaking gas tank stopped that horror show.
BTW you read about the Id10t that put NOS on his new GSXR or busa or something like that … yea NOS the sugary blue colored drink - in the tank. LOL.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts