Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good for you. Thinking of buying an SCR950. I have a triumph thunderbird LT that I love but it is way too heavy (830 wet LBS) for this 63 YO (still relatively strong ) young man. Just really dig the looks and the scrambler thing about it. Sat on a used one at a NH dealer recently. Looks like enough power for me. Just need to do something about those rear shocks and some padding in the seat I guess. I have never owned a yammie before (the other members of the big 4, a BMW and a triumph but never a yamaha). Sounds like a good reliable bike with some limited off road capability that I would like (unpaved roads like in Southern VT). Question does it have ABS?

·
Super Moderator
1,467 Posts
Good for you. Thinking of buying an SCR950. I have a triumph thunderbird LT that I love but it is way too heavy (830 wet LBS) for this 63 YO (still relatively strong ) young man. Just really dig the looks and the scrambler thing about it. Sat on a used one at a NH dealer recently. Looks like enough power for me. Just need to do something about those rear shocks and some padding in the seat I guess. I have never owned a yammie before (the other members of the big 4, a BMW and a triumph but never a yamaha). Sounds like a good reliable bike with some limited off road capability that I would like (unpaved roads like in Southern VT). Question does it have ABS?
Hi mate,

Is the purchase planned for when you are released from jail then??! :ROFLMAO: (Just referencing your pic……)

No, not in the US - I don’t believe it has ABS.

Shocks and Seat are easy to sort, don’t worry about those. I wouldn’t count on going any further off-road than what you mentioned though…..it’s still pretty heavy (although your LT wins that fight……)

Reliability seems to be good…..lets just hope I’ve not jinxed myself for the new riding season now:rolleyes:

Ben

·
Registered
2017 Yamaha SCR950
3 Posts
Nice looking bike! It's hard not to walk out with one if you see it, the SCR950 was the first bike I sat on and tested. That was it. It's just fun! Just reading the reply above, it might be fun to take it out on some of the fire roads out here.. I hadn't even thought of 'off-roading' on the bike 😃😃

1 - 9 of 9 Posts