Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I'm interested to know if anyone has a brake pad they swear by, or one they're looking to try?

Think it's that time for me to switch my stock ones out.

·
Registered
884 Posts
I'm fond of EBC sintered metallics, myself.
I switched out the OEM front pads on my 1200 about 28k miles ago and both pads & rotors look fine.
The SCR will eventually get a set, too.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Hey all, I'm interested to know if anyone has a brake pad they swear by, or one they're looking to try?

Think it's that time for me to switch my stock ones out.
First thing my old man said when he tried the SCR: “forget all your exhausts and air filters etc. you wanna sort those bloody brakes out”!

He is coming from a BMW will twin Brembos up front tho.

They’re on my list too.
Ben

·
Registered
35 Posts
I love the EBC sintered HH compound pads that I put on my FJR1300. They are available for the SCR on eBay. Just my 2 cents worth.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the input, I'll definitely consider EBC.

Can anyone tell me if there were any changes made for brake pad acceptance between the older R-Spec Bolts and SCR? Found some options specifically for the SCR, but the Bolt has more variety.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Thanks for all the input, I'll definitely consider EBC.

Can anyone tell me if there were any changes made for brake pad acceptance between the older R-Spec Bolts and SCR? Found some options specifically for the SCR, but the Bolt has more variety.
The pads for Bolts and SCR are interchangeable.
It's likely catalogs simply haven't kept up so they include the SCR950 in their lists.

Happy shopping!
:grin2:

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The pads for Bolts and SCR are interchangeable.
It's likely catalogs simply haven't kept up so they include the SCR950 in their lists.

Happy shopping!
:grin2:
Awesome news. I figured as much, but can never be too sure. I'll let everyone know how the new pads feel.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ended up with a pair of EBC 2HH Sintered pads for the rear. Was kind of shocked at how easy the install was. Literally two 12mm bolts and the old pads slid right out by hand along with the recessing of the caliper. Less than 5 minutes easy.

Not sure how to review them, but I'm optimistic towards the life expectancy from others' experience and did a couple test rides and everything works so hey, they get a 10/10 from me as of now.

Appreciate the input from everyone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts