Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a video of the Yard Built SCR950 by Brat Style. The video walks through just a bit of the development process and boy is it cool.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Japanese people have done a lot for design in the Car scene and Bike scene. The level of creativity is unlike anything i've seen elsewhere. That along with how tasteful the designs are. Too many people get carried away and lose what the bike is all about... not here.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Rear suspension was from Works Performance and it's supposed to add greater travel and ground clearance to the scr950. I recall a few complaints being how low to the ground the scr950 was and its lack of travel. If the suspension is on sale, people can get it for their scr950.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried looking for a website or something but they only had complete bikes or what not. No individual products that I can find ?

·
Registered
522 Posts
I'm hesitant with universal aftermarket parts too. They claim it's universal, but the rear suspension may not fit. Last time I tried to buy something universal was for my toilet and even something simple like that twas hard to get right.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm hesitant with universal aftermarket parts too. They claim it's universal, but the rear suspension may not fit. Last time I tried to buy something universal was for my toilet and even something simple like that twas hard to get right.
I've always hated universal for that specific reason.. typically it's not actually darn universal and it requires massaging or fabricating to get fit decently.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hmm.. not too sure, but it does say Chapter 1 so we'll be seeing more videos. Kinda cool to have a series to keep track of.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Didn't notice the Chapter 1 bit until you mentioned it. I'm guessing it'll be a series of clips with the main man in the suit flicking it from side to side down the road to rush to wherever he needs to go.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Now I have to know what's in the duffel bag! I get the concept of the videos, it's to let loose and ride for enjoyment. Take a break from your daily life for some fun and I can get behind that.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nothing new has come out unfortunately, but I guess there going to go chapter 2 ;)

But it looks like it was a Faster Sons jacket

·
Registered
522 Posts
Hope that's not the end to the series, would be nice to see that suit guy loosen up and take even more roads less traveled by.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Yamaha USA released a new SCR950 image; could this be the suit and tie guy? Also, it makes me want to go motorcycle camping, setting up shop wherever you go.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That is a possibility, as they were seen riding up a hill. That photo there looks like there at a good elevation so I wouldn't doubt it.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I'm just trying to figure out how he managed to pack all of that onto the scr950 because I don't see a luggage rack of any kind. :D But camping trips are possible with the scr950 if you have the right racks, bags and maybe even a new seat.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
LOL I just realized there are no racks or anything on the SCR. It's okay, the support van was behind him all the way but it's too ugly to be in the shot ;)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts