Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay folks, I've been on the prowl for a new seat for some time, but all the options seem a little much for what I want. I recently bought an atv seat pad which I know a few scr owners have done and I'll rock that for now, For a little extra comfort on the cheap under $20. I like the look of the bolt c spec seat and I know that seat height is just over 30" which will give me a bit more control confidence than the 32.7" of stock height, I have seen this seat new for around $170-$200. My question is what extra parts would be needed to adapt the seat to the scr? I know I'd get rid of the sub frame, and likely need a bolt fender unless I could use the scr fender (doubtful). What other parts/ brackets and would be needed to make it work? Any ideas and tips would be helpful, also would consider a partial tail delete to broaden my parts compatibility search.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I've found just about everything I need on eBay, for around $320 plus shipping, c spec seat, fender, fender mount bracket, fender stays, misc bucket of bolts fasteners and other brackets that may or may not work. The seat is in rough shape and will likely need to be redone but I think for the price I will have a one of a kind ride, with the option to switch back to stock, and still cheaper than just going with the Corbin seat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts