Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner

Cafe Racer Project

12K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  ScroogeMcChuck 
#1 ·
Here are current pictures of my bike, still have lots of plans for it.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Very nice!
Your bike would look good with the decals peeled off the side number plates and then lightly scuff the gloss off with a 3M scrub pad. One of our members did that and it looks great on certain builds like yours. Keep us posted as you make more changes.

#11 · (Edited)
I know for a fact that that's not true. The SCR has no bolt holes for the meter of the bolt. If you're saying it only applies to "bolt" versions and the SCR isn't one of those - well I gotta look further. But really I'd guess they'd not drill and set the C spec triples apart … because drilling it and putting the bushing in it and the ncovering it up with a sticker is just a PITA … OK Checked - C spec has guage on top like the SCR. So C spec is different than other bolts.
My guess - SCR has handlebar pillow block holes and gauge cluster holes up front away from the rider.
R spec and base bolt has pillow block holes and gauge cluster holes toward the rider.
C spec has only the guage cluster holes like the SCR and no pillow block holes.

Pillow block is the 2 1/2 moons that take the handlebar - y'know like your heat being 1/2 cradled in a pillow.

#17 ·
Hang on to them. Those back pegs are worth their weight in gold when you are on a long ride and need alternative riding positions.

#19 ·
Well, my hopes of getting my seat this weekend were wildly optimistic, looks like Thursday is the big day. In the meantime, I went ahead and pulled my passenger pegs. Thought it was gonna be a two minute job, but I had to fabricate a spacer to bolt the number plate back on without it rattling around. Looks clean and easily reversible.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.