Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner

CAST WHEELS

967 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  XB12X ULYSSES 
#1 ·
Has anyone fitted cast wheels to their SCR?

#2 ·
I haven't heard of anyone doing this, but I have thought about it a few times in the 4 years I have owned my SCR.
I absolutely HATE tubes! You get a flat way out there, about 40 miles south of Jesus, and you are dead in the water! Also, spokes look cool, but are a pain in the arse to clean. If my memory serves me right, I think the cast wheels from a Bolt will fit, but I think they are different diameters? Let us know what you find. Jevers

#3 ·
I haven't heard of anyone doing this, but I have thought about it a few times in the 4 years I have owned my SCR.
I absolutely HATE tubes! You get a flat way out there, about 40 miles south of Jesus, and you are dead in the water! Also, spokes look cool, but are a pain in the arse to clean. If my memory serves me right, I think the cast wheels from a Bolt will fit, but I think they are different diameters? Let us know what you find. Jevers
It is inner tubes that bother me. I haven't given any thought to where to get cast wheels from as I haven't got the bike yet. I should have it in less than a fortnight. There is some anti-puncture stuff you can put in the tyre. We had it in England, but I haven't lived there for 11 years.It wouldn't have cost Yamaha that much more to fit cross-spoke wheels as the spoke jobs that come as standard are good quality. You are right: spoked wheels are tough to clean. I also think good quality cast wheels look good. My old Buell Ulysses has good quality ones.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.