Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are two circular brackets under the voltage regulator, in front of the rear wheel under the back of the engine. They *almost* look like a center stand mounting point, but I suspect they're too weak for that use. What are they originally for? I know the XV950 never had a center stand option....

Charles.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
There are two circular brackets under the voltage regulator, in front of the rear wheel under the back of the engine. They *almost* look like a center stand mounting point, but I suspect they're too weak for that use. What are they originally for? I know the XV950 never had a center stand option....

Charles.
They're for the crane to get hold of when you take the 'offroad' image of the SCR too literally!!! 😉
Ben

(Not you personally, I hasten to add - anyone! 😀)

·
Registered
1,196 Posts

Charles.
I looped thru those two holes to hang my Gaurdian Bell.

·
Registered
884 Posts
They may just be remnants of the assembly line process - points to secure the chassis while the various components are installed.
There are two great big lugs on the engine of my Super Tenere like that.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
They may just be remnants of the assembly line process - points to secure the chassis while the various components are installed.
There are two great big lugs on the engine of my Super Tenere like that.
In all seriousness, I did wonder the same......
Ben

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nah, it's all leverage. I've got an emergency stand idea in the works, so I can attempt roadside tube repair if the need arises. Once I have a prototype working I'll post info.

Charles.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Nah, it's all leverage.
I used the center stand exclusively on my Virago 1100 and I miss it dearly. So easy for cleaning and maintenance of both front and rear wheels. It must have been at least a dozen times that I demonstrated how easy it is to put it up when you do it correctly.

Reactions: TonyKZ1

·
Registered
687 Posts
I used the center stand exclusively on my Virago 1100 and I miss it dearly. So easy for cleaning and maintenance of both front and rear wheels. It must have been at least a dozen times that I demonstrated how easy it is to put it up when you do it correctly.
Yup, same with my old Z1, until someone showed me how to properly do it I thought I'd never be able to do it alone. It's all technique, love me a center stand!

·
Registered
369 Posts
My KZ750 1977 twin.. 542 lbs....has a center stand. Wasnt hard to put up because the KZ has a steel loop at the end of the seat you can pull up on. Wish the scr had one. I dont like the idea of it always on one side. Cant check the oil etc. But a center stand like eddie showed will work just as good.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I’ve got a lift for the garage. I’m working on something for the road.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts