Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couldn't resist a crazy deal on a Grey SCR950. Didn't realize I would like this bike so much. I guess 50% off MSRP helps :wink2:
Already made an DIY fender eliminator, and added a windscreen. Looking for new footpegs. Hope this place gets some good tech discussion going.

And the obligatory photo from the day it got home.

Attachments

·
Registered
369 Posts
Couldn't resist a crazy deal on a Grey SCR950. Didn't realize I would like this bike so much. I guess 50% off MSRP helps :wink2:
Already made an DIY fender eliminator, and added a windscreen. Looking for new footpegs. Hope this place gets some good tech discussion going.

And the obligatory photo from the day it got home.

Greetings RJ... Congrats on the new SCR! Honestly.... it took me a while to get comfortable on mine. Mines grey just like yours. Now I love it!!!!
Lucky you live in LA... you can actually ride yours. Too cold here.
So what do you think of it? How do you like it? If you look through the posts... you will find some really knowledgable SCR owners on here. Some of our Brothers are really modifying their SCR's
Do we have any Female members on here yet?
Dont know?
Congrats RJ!!!

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Welcome! We haven't had a new member join up in over 2-weeks. Was wondering if we had peaked out. You're going to like that bike. Especially at that price.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Shoot, if you have a good fender eliminator I might just have to drive up(If Los Angeles instead of LA) and solicit some help.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Shoot, if you have a good fender eliminator I might just have to drive up(If Los Angeles instead of LA) and solicit some help.
Honestly I just used an old spare door hinge, and some extra brackets lying around. Cost = $0 and time about an hour. Once you remove the plastic fender and mounts, there's a real nice mounting point under neath. I'll catch a photo soon and share it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Greetings RJ... Congrats on the new SCR! Honestly.... it took me a while to get comfortable on mine. Mines grey just like yours. Now I love it!!!!
Lucky you live in LA... you can actually ride yours. Too cold here.
So what do you think of it? How do you like it? If you look through the posts... you will find some really knowledgable SCR owners on here. Some of our Brothers are really modifying their SCR's
Do we have any Female members on here yet?
Dont know?
Congrats RJ!!!
My impressions are mostly good. I really enjoy this bike. I'm commuting in LA (Los Angeles) about 8 miles each way. It has some quirks, like the widespread footpegs, and plank of a seat, which take some getting used to. I really like the engine and power delivery. Very smooth tractable power. Also I like the riding position. It allows a sporty cornering position. Overall it's a tremendous value and the style points are off the charts. Two thumbs up.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I agree about the pegs being too far apart and for me... too far back.
It takes me about 10 min b4 i loosen up enough to get comfortable. Mainly the right peg is the prob.
I've been thinking of putting a highway peg about 5 inches forward of the peg on the right side to put my foot on when Im rolling.
I find my foot resting ontop of the wire exhaust guard until my leg loosens up.
If I can find a forward peg kit someday... Im gonna put it on.....

·
Registered
369 Posts
I just called Yamaha and they said they may bring it back for 19 or they might not. The dealer here has low stock on them and 4999 price tag.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts