Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out the one in this picture -- any ideas of the brand or model? Found this pic on a CL ad. Like the clean look and wouldn't mind maybe picking one up. Wondered if any of the lads here recognized this one.

Attachments

·
Registered
884 Posts
Check out the one in this picture -- any ideas of the brand or model? Found this pic on a CL ad. Like the clean look and wouldn't mind maybe picking one up. Wondered if any of the lads here recognized this one.
Google Sparto Tail Light. They come in black or chrome. =)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey, that tail light looks great!
I was just looking at brake light/plate light combos to clean up the rear fender.
I like the blacked out accents on the muffler/air box.
I’m so jealous of the all black euro models.
I’m really considering blacking out my fenders... does anyone have any experience with any of the 3m/Vivvid wrap stuff? Do you think it would stick to the fenders??

·
Registered
229 Posts
That sparto tail light is actually not euro, and not just that, back in the 10-11 time frame when I used one it was made of solid metal and not too $$$ to boot.
Its very much Chinese and easily available in the whole world, where ever the Chinese can get the postal system to send their crap cheap, its available cheap.
Cool.
Srinath.

G

·
Anyone have any ideas on how he got this front fender up? I'd love that to be my next project an replicate the 70's bikes

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Anyone have any ideas on how he got this front fender up? I'd love that to be my next project an replicate the 70's bikes
Glad you pointed that out, because I'd like to do that as well. It looks like he made a U-bolt that fits the original hole spacing on the fender and slipped some black rubber hose over the U-bolt and used it like a clamp around the forks. Probably got it about four inches higher. Just need to make sure the fender doesn't hit the frame if/when the suspension bottoms out. I wonder how well it holds the fender in place. You go first......

G

·
Glad you pointed that out, because I'd like to do that as well. It looks like he made a U-bolt that fits the original hole spacing on the fender and slipped some black rubber hose over the U-bolt and used it like a clamp around the forks. Probably got it about four inches higher. Just need to make sure the fender doesn't hit the frame if/when the suspension bottoms out. I wonder how well it holds the fender in place. You go first......

Lol rocks , papers scissors.... SHOOT!!! OK OK , I'll go first

·
Registered
668 Posts
NOW might be a good time to mount the front fender BACKWARDS????!!!!
So as not to hit the frame tubes when the forks compress.
Looks like I could fit an even wider tire up front with the fender out of the way. I will post pics later this summer after I wear out the OEM tires.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts