Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably not a bad deal if you want/like Corbin seats. All black.

·
Super Moderator
1,457 Posts
Probably not a bad deal if you want/like Corbin seats. All black.

I can definitely vouch for their comfort!!

Ben

·
Super Moderator
1,457 Posts
Okay, I'll bite. Ben, realistically, how much more comfortable is that Corbin over the stock seat? Over the Seat Concepts foam and cover? Use a scale of 1 through 10, 10 being the most comfortable, if that makes it easier. Jevers
Erm……over stock? If I put the stock seat at ‘3’, I’ll be giving the Corbin a ‘9’!

Like I’ve said elsewhere, most comfy seat I’ve ever had, but others may disagree, and hate it!!

Couldnt comment on Seat Concepts, I’m afraid.

Ben

·
Registered
805 Posts
Erm……over stock? If I put the stock seat at ‘3’, I’ll be giving the Corbin a ‘9’!

Like I’ve said elsewhere, most comfy seat I’ve ever had, but others may disagree, and hate it!!

Couldnt comment on Seat Concepts, I’m afraid.

Ben
Thank you for your insight, Ben! Now I have to decide if I'm comfortable modifying a
$500 seat to make it hinge from the rear... Jevers

·
Super Moderator
1,457 Posts
Thank you for your insight, Ben! Now I have to decide if I'm comfortable modifying a
$500 seat to make it hinge from the rear... Jevers
Can I ask - what is this fascination/obsession with making an SCR seat hinged?! There was some threads on it a few years ago, and I never understood the need for it then, nor do I now…..?

Ben

·
Registered
805 Posts
Can I ask - what is this fascination/obsession with making an SCR seat hinged?! There was some threads on it a few years ago, and I never understood the need for it then, nor do I now…..?

Ben
Just a fascination with convenience. It's nice to just reach under the front left tube and slide the latch rearward to lift the front of the seat. No tools, no chance of hitting the latching plate on the tank. I use the storage space under the seat quite often. Not everyone's cup of tea... Jevers

·
Super Moderator
1,457 Posts
Not everyone's cup of tea...
Aah - “cup of tea” - I see what you did there!! ;)

I too use the underseat area - just pop off the side panel with one of these, kept in my pocket…..

Font Auto part

As you say, not everyone’s cup of tea……:ROFLMAO:

Ben

·
Registered
Yamahahahaha
76 Posts
Just a fascination with convenience. It's nice to just reach under the front left tube and slide the latch rearward to lift the front of the seat. No tools, no chance of hitting the latching plate on the tank. I use the storage space under the seat quite often. Not everyone's cup of tea... Jevers
I love your ingenuity with the hinged seat! I use that space as well for tools / storage if I'm out on a multi-day ride..
I miss the hinged seat on my old 74' cb350f. Made it super easy to get that battery out!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.