Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before buying my SCR, I found as many reviews as I could to see what was liked/disliked, and invariably, almost all did not like the seat. Having found this site, I was introduced to Seat Concepts. So I got a cover and redid the seat. Next, I read about thumb screws for the side covers. I liked that idea, but couldn't find any locally, so decided to make my own from stuff bought at the local hardware store, consisting of small appliance knobs and metric stainless socket head screws. I drilled the center of the knobs for a press fit of the socket head, and using my vice, pressed in the screws (same principle as installing wheel studs into a hub). Next on the hit list will be new foot pegs (having already been bitten by the carnivores presently installed)

Lee

Attachments

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Next on the hit list will be new foot pegs (having already been bitten by the carnivores presently installed)

Lee
Most of us switched from the stock potato peelers to the adventure pegs with the rubber inserts. They are nice, but they aren't cheap. I believe someone recently posted another option that fits the SCR even though it wasn't listed for that set of pegs. They looked nice and the price was reasonable.

Reactions: Sammy and eddie

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Got me a new pair of footpegs. Next up is gonna be some Bolt mirrors and an underseat pouch from the leather craftsman on this site

Lee
Yes sir. Those are the pegs I was referring to as a cheaper option. The leather Stash Bag for under the seat is one of the best things I added to my bike. I went with the top loader instead of the side loader. You obviously have to remove the seat for the top loader but the modification I made to the seat tab makes removal really simple.

Reactions: Krixtoph

·
Registered
250 Posts
and an underseat pouch from the leather craftsman on this site
Lee
Hey that's me! Did you place your order this past weekend? If so, it's going in the mail tomorrow morning lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
thumb screw

Before buying my SCR, I found as many reviews as I could to see what was liked/disliked, and invariably, almost all did not like the seat. Having found this site, I was introduced to Seat Concepts. So I got a cover and redid the seat. Next, I read about thumb screws for the side covers. I liked that idea, but couldn't find any locally, so decided to make my own from stuff bought at the local hardware store, consisting of small appliance knobs and metric stainless socket head screws. I drilled the center of the knobs for a press fit of the socket head, and using my vice, pressed in the screws (same principle as installing wheel studs into a hub). Next on the hit list will be new foot pegs (having already been bitten by the carnivores presently installed)

Lee

Lee, they low nice but you could of ordered on amazon M6x25 stainless steel ones. They work great
Cost $8

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL, yes Mr. Krixtoph, that'd be you, and yes I did! Looking forward to receiving it

Concerning purchasing said thumbscrews, I'm a retired auto tech. and hot rodder, and I like to tinker. Creating something seems to make the ride a little more personal

Lee

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, today was a delivery trifecta! Not only did I get my underseat pouch (thanks Mr. Kaiser, a beautiful piece), but also my Bolt mirrors, AND my Koso multifunction meter :cool:

No pic of the pouch 'cause it's under the seat already

Attachments

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
That Chevy looks like a street sleeper.
====== ===== ===

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well, today was a delivery trifecta! Not only did I get my underseat pouch (thanks Mr. Kaiser, a beautiful piece), but also my Bolt mirrors, AND my Koso multifunction meter /forum/images/smilies/cool.gif

No pic of the pouch 'cause it's under the seat already
I like the mirrors. Do you happen to have a link?

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Bobcat, here you go; https://www.mrcycles.com/oemparts/a/yam/55a512fe87a8661bd48d11ca/steering-handle-cable

Schu, I s'pose you could call it a "sleeper",:wink2:

'80 C10, 5.3L/4L60E powertrain, 3:42 rear w/Detroit TruTrac
Nice!
I have a complete 350 long block on a stand that I have hung onto for years thinking maybe I might grab a pickup of that vintage and build a nice driver. Doubt that will happen since I've gotten hooked on old Yamaha Enduros. But I still have my 70 Malibu that will remain in the family beyond my years.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Okay, these'll probably be the last changes (for now anyways) to my SCR. I mounted my Koso meter, and I found a new genuine OEM Bolt mini windscreen (on ebay, no less). Also note, NO MORE TANK LABEL!! Somewhere done the line, I may do a revamp of the rear fender, but for now I'm content.

Lee

Attachments

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Okay, these'll probably be the last changes (for now anyways) to my SCR. I mounted my Koso meter, and I found a new genuine OEM Bolt mini windscreen (on ebay, no less). Also note, NO MORE TANK LABEL!! Somewhere done the line, I may do a revamp of the rear fender, but for now I'm content.

Lee
Looking good Lee. But don't be content with things the way they are. Look for simple changes. If you like the old school look, try and locate a pair of round yellow reflectors for the front and replace the rectangular ones. Mine are from an old 70s enduro.

656 Posts
Got me a new pair of footpegs. Next up is gonna be some Bolt mirrors and an underseat pouch from the leather craftsman on this site

Lee
So I tried and failed with a set of kuryakyn pegs, where do I find the ones like these?
Don't F around, buy the OEM Yamaha Adventure pegs. They fit and look great! Just my 2 cents worth. Jevers

·
Registered
40 Posts

Lee
So I tried and failed with a set of kuryakyn pegs, where do I find the ones like these?
Don't F around, buy the OEM Yamaha Adventure pegs. They fit and look great! Just my 2 cents worth. Jevers
I'm leaning towards some of those, I have a cheaper alternative to them on the way already but don't have high hopes for them so the adventure pegs will probably be in my near future.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts