Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the most part I’m done with this install. Just some minor tweaks so the lens fits better, but I thought I’d share a vid of how it looks. The YAM13 that custom dynamics makes is actually for the Vstar 1300 and I think vstar 950 also. The housings on the SCR are really close but minor mods are needed if you want the lenses to actually close properly.
The white lights in the video are actually led rings on the outside section and the amber are all the led’s in the middle. Because the stock bulbs are some goofy ass bulb that I can’t find a replacement for I tore apart the stock housings, hardwired some connectors, and voila. New lights. I’ll post a DIY/How to probably this weekend after I actually finish the tweaks needed.

https://youtu.be/o-89wKYhPdc

·
Registered
436 Posts
Okay, that's pretty sweet. How much did that set you back, and how arduous was it to install?

Charles.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, that's pretty sweet. How much did that set you back, and how arduous was it to install?

Charles.

the YAM13 is like $80 shipped. I already had some on my vstar 1300 so I just pulled them out to see if it would work and then ordered some for the SCR. Very minor mods needed to make it fit decent.
https://www.customdynamics.com/yamaha-v-star-1300-v-star-950-cruiser-led-turn-signals?cat=493

On a side note... Custom dynamics also makes a version for the Vstar 1100 and 650 but I have no idea if those fit.

It's actually pretty easy to do....Here's my simplified version....
There's 2 bolts on each turn signal hosing that holds it to the forks. From there I just dismantled it, cut the wires, lengthened them and then threw it all back together. I did have to modify the signal housing slightly so the light would sit in there flat, and now I just have to modify(shave) the lens a little bit so it will close all the way. I can't find all my pics for every step, but all in all, I've only put in about 30 -45 minutes of work cumulatively. Shaving the lenses a little should only take me about 5 min. so really under an hour for all work done.

I'll be putting up better directions after I actually complete it because I want to make sure my shaved lenses actually work and have pics for them too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts