Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the Dart brand "Marlin" flyscreen today. It's just what I expected and hoped for. It has a factory look and build quality. It mounts to the forks and leaves the handlebar free for future modification. I gave it a road test and was pleased. It takes a fair amount of pressure off your torso and leaves your shoulders and head in the breeze without any extra turbulence. I think it looks nice too.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've Dart Marlin Windscreen in mine as well. It does prevent buffeting on chest, but sort of increase the wind gust noise. Of course that would depend on a person's torso height as well. I guess my ears are at the sweet spot.

Wearing a good helmet (mine's schuberth c4), when riding at relatively higher speed, try to stand-up on bike and see if the wind noise has reduced. If it has, your ears are in sweet spot too.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Looks great and I'm looking for an option to take the wind off my chest. Do you get cross winds where you live and does the windscreen help negate them when riding? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks great and I'm looking for an option to take the wind off my chest. Do you get cross winds where you live and does the windscreen help negate them when riding? Thanks in advance
I would have to say that the screen didn't change anything noticeably in regards to crosswinds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts