Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see that some places are selling the SCR950 at substantial discounts. Any of that going on in or around North Carolina? I'm thinking if I can get an amazing deal on a red SCR950, I'm just going to up and buy it.

Charles.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Not from NC, but a good way to gauge the prices is to call the dealers near you and see what they have in stock and for how much. I tried searching online and a lot of them are being sold for MSRP, but they may drop the price if you talk to them.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Do you have an idea of what price range will really make you pull the trigger to get one right away?
Might be a good idea to check out some bigger forums since dealers are likely to be active their compared to this new forum.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Maybe some area specific sites? I usually just browse around the few dealers around me on Google maps and try to get the best deal.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Local dealer here in Utah has dropped the price to $5699... might be worth a $350 shipping cost through Uship or something similar.

·
Registered
102 Posts
The local dealer here in Vancouver Washington has them for $5700..............Only two left as of 3 weeks ago...........FYI

·
Registered
369 Posts
Chopper Charles... Go on cycletrader.com type in scr 950 and your zip code. I saw mostly in the $6000.00 range in NC. But look on cycle trader.
Theres this one place....

2017 Yamaha SCR950
New Standard Motorcycle In Mooresville, NC 28117

They say call for price..."Blowout Deal"

Interstate Cycle 1-866-425-8095

But go to www.cycletrader.com type in scr 950 and your zip code. See what you find.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I just got mine at Crazy Kevin Powells in Winston Salem NC last weekend. O la had one gray one. ?8500.00 OTD minus Yamaha's $1200.00 cash back. Brought it down to $7300. Then freight and setup fees and all other BS. Then I purchased a 3yr warrenty plus the Yamaha warrenty was 2yr which gave me 5 full years of warrenty and then had my titling fee and tags added in.....Grand Total was $9700.00
So much for $8500 OTD

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm picking up my SCR950 in Nashville Illinois tomorrow for $3999 after the $1200 rebate plus dealer fees and tax. About $5300 OTD.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Ridenow in Jacksonville wanted to [email protected] me for $6300.
Luckily A dealer in Spartanburg SC (100 miles from me) only wanted to [email protected]@Ra8e me for 6k.
Nashville IL Holzhauer guys were fantastic, but having no car and no way to transport the thing 700+ miles 1 way back meant I am buying closer even if it means an [email protected] is acceptable, atleast its got lube.

Oh wait a sec … the dealer in Spartanburg had a 60 mile bike they had as a repo or some crap like that …
They may have to sell it as used. I can help bash them on $$$ I may actually go there tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
There once was a man named McGruder

Ridenow in Jacksonville wanted to [email protected] me for $6300.
Luckily A dealer in Spartanburg SC (100 miles from me) only wanted to [email protected]@Ra8e me for 6k.
Nashville IL Holzhauer guys were fantastic, but having no car and no way to transport the thing 700+ miles 1 way back meant I am buying closer even if it means an [email protected] is acceptable, atleast its got lube.

Oh wait a sec … the dealer in Spartanburg had a 60 mile bike they had as a repo or some crap like that …
They may have to sell it as used. I can help bash them on $$$ I may actually go there tomorrow.
There once was a man named McGruder,
Who canoed with a girl in Bermuder.
But the girl thought it crude,
To be wooed in the nude,
So McGru took an oar and subduder.

·
Registered
229 Posts
To be wooed in the nude,
Woweee frucking awesome, and while I wont be hitting any woman with anything harder than a pillow (or my lovely wife with other select organ) - I am always sledge hammering dealers - sometimes for no reason.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
To be wooed in the nude,
Dude, violence against women (and implied rape) isn't funny. At. All.

Charles.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts

Charles.
Sorry Chuck. Poor choice on my part. I copied that snippet into my post in jest to the fact that srinath always speaks in riddles with his threads and posts. I enjoy and laugh at his way of getting his point across and it reminds me of the many little poems that lead off with "There once was a man....". So I truly apologize to you and all the other women I may have offended.

·
Registered
692 Posts

Charles.
Sorry Chuck. Poor choice on my part. I copied that snippet into my post in jest to the fact that srinath always speaks in riddles with his threads and posts. I enjoy and laugh at his way of getting his point across and it reminds me of the many little poems that lead off with "There once was a man....". So I truly apologize to you and all the other women I may have offended.
Lighten up, Francis!😉

1 - 20 of 20 Posts