Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has there been any discussion about making a DIY section with sticky's for some of the most common mods? I belong to a few different forums and I think most of the have a DIY section so instructions on items don't get lost in the tech sections and are easy to find.

·
Registered
54 Posts
That would be nice , Im for it :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
That's a nice idea... But someone has to start it lol :D I'm not planning to modify my bike anytime soon, so if you have something in mind please share it with us:)

·
Registered
436 Posts
I've got a ton of mod ideas. Some of which are pie-in-the-sky (under-seat fuel cell), and others which I will definitely implement.

Current list of planned mods:

Longer suspension, with cure for loose drive belt using Buell Firebolt idler pulley. I already have parts on the way, and will be building a prototype over the winter.
Seat quick-release latch
Rearsets (moving footpegs backwards)
Kickstand extension
Adjustable levers
Hand guards (brush guards)
Thumbscrews to replace side panel screws
Crossbar pad
Adventure footpegs (finished)
Helmet lock
Seat recover (brown leather seatcover on eBay)
New grips
Throttle Lock
Rock guard on headlight
Plate relocation (finished)
Under-fender taillight/signal combo
Fender rack mounted where taillight was located
Wiring for heated gear (finished)

So yeah, I have a few mods planned.

Charles.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think it's pretty much settled. Can any of us do it, or does an admin need to do it? I've never started anything like this which is why I asked. BUT I'm totally open to contributing. I like doing modifications. I just wish I had some better tools to do more things I have ideas for.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts