Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was changing my seat yesterday and found this washer that looks like a spacer of some sort. It was underneath the toolbox wedged amongst some fuses and/or relays. I just bought the bike used so I know I hadn't lost it down there but I think the seat had been changed and then replaced by the first owner as the seat bolt was mildly stripped so I figure someone has messed around in there but I see no other signs of modification on the bike.
Wood Natural material Gas Circle Hardwood

· Registered
1,417 Posts
I was changing my seat yesterday and found this washer that looks like a spacer of some sort. It was underneath the toolbox wedged amongst some fuses and/or relays. I just bought the bike used so I know I hadn't lost it down there but I think the seat had been changed and then replaced by the first owner as the seat bolt was mildly stripped so I figure someone has messed around in there but I see no other signs of modification on the bike. View attachment 18938
I think it is item 4 in the parts diagram below.
Product Automotive lighting Font Rectangle Parallel

Reactions: Lockheed_Tvr

· Registered
1,417 Posts
I think you might be right. I don't remember seeing any cover over the empty space under the seat so it could very well be that. Thank you!
The cover is nothing more than a piece of flat black plastic that covers some of the electrical stuff. The previous owner may have been in there for something and neglected to put it back in place.

· Registered
1,417 Posts
The cover is nothing more than a piece of flat black plastic that covers some of the electrical stuff. The previous owner may have been in there for something and neglected to put it back in place.
I could mail you a template traced on a piece of paper if you want to make a replacement cover out of a piece of black plastic. The plastic is somewhat pliable if you could find something similar to cut it from.

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I could mail you a template traced on a piece of paper if you want to make a replacement cover out of a piece of black plastic. The plastic is somewhat pliable if you could find something similar to cut it from.
I appreciate it but I think I'm going to try to fabricate some sort of storage in there so I don't think I'll need it, but thanks for the offer!

· Registered
1,417 Posts
I appreciate it but I think I'm going to try to fabricate some sort of storage in there so I don't think I'll need it, but thanks for the offer!
Good decision. I purchased an under the seat storage bag from Brass Horse Leather Works on Etsy.com who was a former SCR owner on this forum. I also bought his Pony Express bags for each side. It’s good stuff!

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting Hood

Bumper Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Gas Auto part
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Land vehicle Vehicle
Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive design Automotive exterior Vehicle

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good decision. I purchased an under the seat storage bag from Brass Horse Leather Works on Etsy.com who was a former SCR owner on this forum. I also bought his Pony Express bags for each side. It’s good stuff!

View attachment 18944
View attachment 18947 View attachment 18945 View attachment 18946
Those are beautiful. Are there any issues with them interfering with your legs? I've never used saddle bags that sit that far forward. His prices are very reasonable!

· Registered
1,417 Posts
They don't get in the way of my legs at all. I remove my side covers when I use the bags which allow them to lay into the frame a little bit. I also had him make me a cross bar bag that is the handiest bag of them all. It has a loop on the front so I can clip my phone case to it and use my GPS.
Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Rim Automotive wheel system
Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design
Brown Hood Luggage and bags Red Material property

Reactions: Lockheed_Tvr

· Super Moderator
1,480 Posts
Lol…….I’ve had these lying in a magnetic tray for about 4 years now…….

Finger Wood Automotive tire Thumb Household hardware

…..pretty certain they came off the bike at some point, but never sure where (nor bothering to check). Cheers @Schu :ROFLMAO:

Ben

1 - 10 of 10 Posts