Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I head towards 5k miles I definitely feel the bike is much easier to move in and out of garage. When bike was new I would often fire bike up to put it away but now tend to push it.
I have definitely not got any stronger, maybe a little slack in belt as helped, any thoughts?

·
Registered
790 Posts
As I head towards 5k miles I definitely feel the bike is much easier to move in and out of garage. When bike was new I would often fire bike up to put it away but now tend to push it.
I have definitely not got any stronger, maybe a little slack in belt as helped, any thoughts?
It's just a matter of adapting to a different style of bike. After owning nearly 30 motorcycles over the past 43 years, I have learned to adapt to each one. Now, back to the SCR, I have found that if I want to back her into a tight spot, I grab her by the horns ( handlebars) while facing the headlight. This method gives you a lot of control. If she starts to get away from you, just let go of the horns and let her come to a stop on the sidestand. Maybe I am stating the obvious. Jevers

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
When it comes to moving this pig around in my garage, I still say this change was one of the best simple changes I made for improved turning radius.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts