Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody installed a set of frame sliders or found some crash bars compatible with the skid plate? Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
884 Posts
There are these, but a skid plate would most likely have to be notched at the forward bar mounts. Not hard to do. Not exactly bolt-on, either.
https://www.scr950forum.com/forum/1...es/2521-yamaha-engine-guard-1tp-f43b0-v0.html
and
https://www.scr950forum.com/forum/1...ccessories/2817-mc-enterprises-crash-bar.html

PS: I wish I'd tallied how many sport bikes came through the shop where I worked where frame sliders damaged the frame or even the engine
where the bolt used to attach them bent or broke off upon impact. Not saying they are wholly a bad idea, but more often than not, they hurt the bike.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! Felhing is the way to go. I agree that crash bars are most of the time safer than frame sliders. But it all depend on the fall;-)

·
Registered
372 Posts
I've got the Fehling crash bar installed. No big complaints, but a fall onto the brake side could result in damage to the (stock) intake housing because they made the bar symmetrical and only big enough to protect the engine. Installation was very easy, though you have to adjust how the (stock) horn is mounted. Also, the hole in the horn bracket that comes with the bar wasn't cut big enough for some reason. Oh, and if you thought the horn sounded like a not-long-for-this-world duck before, just wait until you reattach it a little too tightly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've got the Fehling crash bar installed. No big complaints, but a fall onto the brake side could result in damage to the (stock) intake housing because they made the bar symmetrical and only big enough to protect the engine. Installation was very easy, though you have to adjust how the (stock) horn is mounted. Also, the hole in the horn bracket that comes with the bar wasn't cut big enough for some reason. Oh, and if you thought the horn sounded like a not-long-for-this-world duck before, just wait until you reattach it a little too tightly.
I managed both with slight mod of upper skid clamps, 40% thinner (cut them slim) and slightly longer bolts with m6 spacer.

jerry

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts