Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner

Error code F-33 (front ignition coil)

483 Views 6 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  SCRBen
So just installed the cobra intake and took the bike for a spin had a great time then on the way home noticed a major loss in power and almost stalled the bike leaving a red light got the error code f-33 and check engine light and major loss in power I did some research and found out it might be the front ignition coil I’m new here and would like to know if anyone knows the part numbers I need to order and if I’m replacing something is there a upgraded version I can get I already checked the fuses and they are fine .
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
So just installed the cobra intake and took the bike for a spin had a great time then on the way home noticed a major loss in power and almost stalled the bike leaving a red light got the error code f-33 and check engine light and major loss in power I did some research and found out it might be the front ignition coil I’m new here and would like to know if anyone knows the part numbers I need to order and if I’m replacing something is there a upgraded version I can get I already checked the fuses and they are fine .
Hi, and welcome.

Do you think there’s a chance you disturbed something when fitting the intake, and your ride finally shook it loose? Similar to what this guy describes here on his FJR (same error code)?:

Would seem to be very coincidental that your coil packed up just as soon as you fitted an intake.

Ben
Reactions: 1
Hmmm, that's a new one, on this forum anyway. Have you checked with the folks over on the Bolt forum? There a lot more Bolts on the road than SCRs, so that might be a good place to search. Good luck and please let us know what you find. Jevers
Hi, and welcome.

Do you think there’s a chance you disturbed something when fitting the intake, and your ride finally shook it loose? Similar to what this guy describes here on his FJR (same error code)?:

Would seem to be very coincidental that your coil packed up just as soon as you fitted an intake.

Ben
Great response. That’s what makes these forums so helpful.
Hi, and welcome.

Ben
So it turns out it wasn’t the spark plugs or the ignition coils it was just corrosion on my connections for some reason it had nothing to do with the install of the intake just needed to strip back some cables and clean them up
Hmmm, that's a new one, on this forum anyway. Have you checked with the folks over on the Bolt forum? There a lot more Bolts on the road than SCRs, so that might be a good place to search. Good luck and please let us know what you find. Jevers
I checked the sparks the coils everything turned out to just be corrosion on some of the connections I cleaned it up and it’s all good now no code
Reactions: 1
Lol - thought it was strange, given you’d just added an intake, but also given it seemed a relatively rare fault that apparently no one on here, nor on the Bolt forum, appears to have experienced.

Glad you got it sorted though (y)

Cheers,

Ben
1 - 7 of 7 Posts