Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So…….I’ve tried searching on here but am still confused!!
I bought a cheap stubby can to install on my SCR as I’m not too bothered about performance just mainly aesthetics, I hate the length of the standard unit.
Do I need a link pipe with o2 sensor bushing?
Can I just unplug the sensor?
Is it better to have a sensor eliminator?
Open to all suggestions!!!!
TIA

Screwback887

· Registered
45 Posts
So…….I’ve tried searching on here but am still confused!!
I bought a cheap stubby can to install on my SCR as I’m not too bothered about performance just mainly aesthetics, I hate the length of the standard unit.
Do I need a link pipe with o2 sensor bushing?
Can I just unplug the sensor?
Is it better to have a sensor eliminator?
Open to all suggestions!!!!
TIA

Screwback887
I too didn’t like the stock muffler or performance. I put an emgo muffler from dime city cycles an crafted my own pipe . Got Ivan’s reflash and did away with o/sensor . With intake from s$s customs got look and performa I wanted.
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Plant Vehicle

· Registered
104 Posts
You need the O2 sensor or a reflash to run without it.
The cheap/easy way to put a universal muffler on the bike is to cut the stock pipe off after the O2 sensor and attach the muffler there but this makes it hard to put the stock exhaust back on later if you want to.
The other cheap way to put a muffler on is to use a 4-8 inch piece of pipe with a O2 bung welded in it. You can buy O2 bungs on ebay/amazon cheaply.
There's a bunch of youtube videos of guys making pipes for bolts which are pretty much the same.

I was going to make a pipe for mine then found a delkevic for 300 bucks and went that route. It's basically a universal muffler with a little piece of pipe with an O2 bung.

· Registered
36 Posts
You need the O2 sensor or a reflash to run without it.
The cheap/easy way to put a universal muffler on the bike is to cut the stock pipe off after the O2 sensor and attach the muffler there but this makes it hard to put the stock exhaust back on later if you want to.
The other cheap way to put a muffler on is to use a 4-8 inch piece of pipe with a O2 bung welded in it. You can buy O2 bungs on ebay/amazon cheaply.
There's a bunch of youtube videos of guys making pipes for bolts which are pretty much the same.

I was going to make a pipe for mine then found a delkevic for 300 bucks and went that route. It's basically a universal muffler with a little piece of pipe with an O2 bung.
Hey, I'm not the original poster, but could you tell me more about that intake/air filter? I'm looking for one and I haven't seen this one before. I looked on the S&S web site and didn't see a filter like this on it.

· Registered
104 Posts

· Registered
45 Posts
Hey, I'm not the original poster, but could you tell me more about that intake/air filter? I'm looking for one and I haven't seen this one before. I looked on the S&S web site and didn't see a filter like this on it.
It may be discontinued you should give them a call , they may have one left over . If you change the intake and pipe you will need to get Ivan’s reflash,buuutt you won’t be disappointed.

· Registered
23 Posts
I too didn’t like the stock muffler or performance. I put an emgo muffler from dime city cycles an crafted my own pipe . Got Ivan’s reflash and did away with o/sensor . With intake from s$s customs got look and performa I wanted. View attachment 18886

Today I got bored,then aggressive, followed by a scraping peg...

Your rear end is jacked. I think I see baron blocks, Is that it?

· Registered
23 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
It’s a 1 inch riser for the rear easy install big rewards
Installed on my bike today, went ok.

If you have a cobra slip on, you will run in to clearance issues. I added some washers as spacers, seems ok. If I get really motivated, I'd like to make it look more factory and change the muffler from bolt orientation to scr, up(and out) for clearance reasons.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts