Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had some time today to add some minor things.

1) I custom ordered a bar pad from BarArmor. Took about 2 weeks total from order to deliver. I have it on a renthal pad pad. Pad it self was a little lose so I added electrical tape around the bar in 3 places to stop it from spinning.

2) I was starting to scratch the tank and though i was hesitant to add a distraction to the tanks look I needed up pleasantly pleased.

3) Thumb screws to allow easy access to space under the seat. Still trying to figure out a good storage solution. But then I'm curious out security. I do have a basic alarm in place but the thumbscrews make it easy access for anyone.

** tried adding a helmet lock but I screwed up and bought something that didn't fit. :(

At this point I just really looking for a seat solution, a windshield and figuring out what I'm going to do about exhaust and air intake. I may just black it out for now.

May do some heated grips later.

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Looks good :)

Reactions: Bryan.Love

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah I'm trying to figure out what the rubber pad is too. It almost looks like something you'd have in the car that your cell phone sticks to. I think its safe to assume that's its some sort of protection in an effort to prevent getting scratches on the top of the tank?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Keeps the zipper of your jacket from scratching up the tank as you're trying to push/paddle the bike out of a muddy section :)

Charles.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What does that pad on the tank do?
Yeah I'm trying to figure out what the rubber pad is too. It almost looks like something you'd have in the car that your cell phone sticks to. I think its safe to assume that's its some sort of protection in an effort to prevent getting scratches on the top of the tank?
Yeah, probably to set your phone or Ipad
I was noticing that I was scratching the tank a tiny bit, nothing deep or obvious, and well wanted to stop it before It got bad. I ended up liking the look.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts