Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there at present any forward controls available for the scr that would move them like 4-5 inches foreward? Or is the bike just too new? Thank you.,

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a Yamaha bolt I'm looking to trade foot controls for scr950 controls. My bolt is in mint condition and has 1,900 miles. The bolt controls are about 4 inches more forward than the scr950.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes they are. When you swap them over you have to swap over everything that bolts to the frame up like the shifter and brake lever. The scr950 uses the same controls as the bolt c spec which are all interchangeable. If you are interested in working out a swap shoot me a private message and we can work out the details.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Usually when you see a custom motorcycle it doesn't have mirrors. Why? Because by nature mirrors are ugly - the SCR's especially so.
Question: Do you want an excellent view of whats going on behind you or are you wanting to improve the looks of your bike? I doubt you can do both. I installed cheapie bar ends on mine. I think they look better than stock and perform about the same.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Usually when you see a custom motorcycle photograph, it doesn't have mirrors. Why? Because by nature mirrors are ugly - the SCR's especially so.
Question: Do you want an excellent view of whats going on behind you or are you wanting to improve the looks of your bike? I doubt you can do both. I installed cheapie bar ends on mine. I think they look better than stock and perform about the same.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I also find the stock SCR950 foot peg position too far back and noticed Yamaha offers a rather pricey Relocation Kit, part number 1TP-F14A0-V0, for the Bolt XV950. It’s cheaper on Amazon or eBay, by the way.

The kit should place the foot pegs around 4” forward but Yamaha doesn’t list this application for the SCR950. Since the frames are the same I see no reason why it wouldn’t fit.

Hoping for some feedback from anyone who actually does this mod.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I'm real interested to see the look/feel of the forward controls. Hope anyone who gets it done can share some photos and thoughts.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Do you think it will be comfortable to move them more forward? it seems like a have a different sitting position. Can't even imagine how it's going to look like. Please send a photo of the final result, if it will work out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts