Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if anyone has found a fender extender for the SCR950's front fender? I'm seeing extenders for the XV950, the MT-07, FZ-07, MT-09, FZ-09, etc. Also extenders for Sportsters. I'm wondering if anyone has used one that doesn't require drilling the front fender...

Charles.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I'm wondering if anyone has found a fender extender for the SCR950's front fender? I'm seeing extenders for the XV950, the MT-07, FZ-07, MT-09, FZ-09, etc. Also extenders for Sportsters. I'm wondering if anyone has used one that doesn't require drilling the front fender...

Charles.
I fitted one to my Dyna, but didn’t want to drill the front mudguard, so just used an epoxy resin to stick it to the underside, and it never moved (if that's what you’re asking??)
Ben

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm really asking how it worked. Did it keep the rain more under control? I mean, I get road splash on my gas tank, the front fender is just not very effective.

Charles.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I'm really asking how it worked. Did it keep the rain more under control? I mean, I get road splash on my gas tank, the front fender is just not very effective.

Charles.
Yeah, I think they’re pretty effective - I’ve had them on most bikes I’ve had. I tend to avoid the rain more on the SCR tho!
Ben

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Heh, I'm looking for rain, mud, dirt, and shitty conditions to throw at it! Found some dirt and gravel roads by accident last weekend that were just awesome. Hit them at dusk though, and I'm looking forward to a non-hurricane weekend where I can go out and barnstorm them at full speed!

And... not get soaked by the puddles in the potholes. Preferably :)

Charles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts