Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner

Gas Tank warning sticker

4K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  yoitsemo 
#1 ·
Has anyone removed this unsightly warning label, that's near the fuel cap? If so, how'd you do it without harming the paint. I'm sure there is some reason for the sticker, but it makes me wonder whatever happened to common sense, where you have to be reminded to HAVE common sense. Anyways, the sticker is fugly, and I want to take it off!

Lee

#2 ·
Yes, on every bike I've ever owned, usually by parking the bike in the sun a few minutes and then gently peeling up one corner with a fingernail.
No sunshine? A hair drier set on low will also do the trick.
Nails like mine? Short-short?
I once used the nylon scraper that came with a Teflon-coated George Forman burger grill! ;-)
Don't worry if the plastic comes off and leaves the adhesive behind.
Tear off a small piece of paper towel and soak it in WD-40. Place that over the adhesive like a band-aid and let it sit a minute or two.
The WD-40 won't hurt the paint, unlike some citrus based goo removers possibly can.
Once the goo's softened, spray more WD-40 on the area and wipe with a micro-fiber cloth on a fingertip.
Go in one direction and the stuff'll gather up a bit, making it a little easier to remove.
Take your time. It will come off.
=)

#4 ·
GOOD LORD, MAN! 🤯 You must ride that bike like it's stolen... to have burned through a set of brake pads already. I usually sell my bikes after 4 years or so and have never replaced the pads. I decided to replace them on my recently sold 1800 VTX w/double sidecar and they were STILL @ 50% or better! That's w/ 25,000 HARD miles. Not judging , but now you got me checking the pads on my SCR!🤔

Attachments

#6 ·
Re. Stickers - yep, removed both the fuel tank and OEM air filter one with a hairdryer, and then cleaned up both areas with WD40, as per
@eddie ‘s recommendations.

Re. Brake pads - first thing my old man said last year, after having a go (and almost ploughing into the car in front) was “f*ck all your other mods....get some decent pads in there” (he was on a BMW 1200 with twin front Brembos though). Relevance? I don’t think the SCR needs to have worn its pads down to warrant replacing! Have I done it? No.......but I now have 3 exhausts for it (incl. stock)!!!
Sorry, Dad......:grin2::grin2::grin2::grin2::grin2:
Ben

Reactions: Schu
#9 ·
Search eddies posts and threads and you will find he has shared lots of tips and tricks with us. I still want to add the mesh behind my heat shields.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.