Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Originally posted under Engine Technical Section, but probably a better fit here:

Has anyone else encountered this? After a ride, I pull into my garage and park the bike and soon after there is a strong gasoline smell throughout the garage for awhile (often until I set up a fan and blow it out). Once the smell is gone, it doesn't return until the next time I park the bike. Spouse not happy :frown2:, but then again she didn't like me buying my first bike in 45 years, and it is pretty strong, so I thought I'd ask if anyone else has noticed anything similar and if they found a solution. Garage is upslope, so it's not possible (without a winch) to park it outside a bit and then roll it in (these babies don't push well uphill).

Thanks

·
Registered
369 Posts
I topped mine off after riding it and gas was dripping out the bottom by the kickstand after I parked it. Eddie has a greta diagram the shows the bike has an internal overflow connected to a tube that lets out at the bottom of the frame. Any gas on the floor?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Quote from Eddie...... "It was likely just REALLY full. A little drips from the overflow hose (red in diagram), even after a short ride.
Heat from the engine warms up the fuel in the tank and some will get pushed out, too". See Overflow Thread in general discusions. If that aint it... I dont know.

Attachments

·
Registered
369 Posts
I stopped the problem by siphoning a little gas out. Dont top it off at the gas station before you go home and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Small leak or weep?

Another member posted a while back of having a fuel line leak near the injectors. I believe it's under New Member Introductions and titled "my first motorcycle" It's near the middle of the thread.This may not pertain to your bike but doesn't hurt to have a look...

·
Registered
339 Posts
I stopped the problem by siphoning a little gas out. Dont top it off at the gas station before you go home and you should be good to go.
I bet as enough time goes by we will have a list of quirks that are important to know about this bike. It would be great if we have a thread that just covers quirks.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gas Smell

It happens regardless of fuel level in the tank. Nothing on the floor. I'll check out the one suggestion regarding possible leak in injection system someone mentioned.

Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts